PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishin' jigs!

jigtwins
12-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Just thought I would share my latest Bait.The hooks are #8 sickle the heads are 1/8" and 5/32" round. I think they weigh around 1/100, 1/80 oz? T I just made the mold for he bodies the other day. Plain white, but Put some glow powder in them too! Let me know what you all think.

gotcrappie
12-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Your baits look great. They are like some of my favorite ones from Custom Jigs & Spins!

hays47
12-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I really like the thin tailed pink head.
I also think any of the 4 will catch fish.

JUNGLEJIMJIGS
12-20-2009, 03:06 AM
Those will put fish on the ice for sure. Those sickles will stick em.

ready2fish
12-20-2009, 06:34 AM
great looking jig, i used plastic like that last ice season and had good luck

chaunc
12-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Those jigs look great but i just cant seem to get the crappies and gills to bite plastics without at least tipping them. Gonna try again this season tho. The fish here wont touch a bait if any of the hook is showing. It's not like that when the water warms up here. I've even downsized to #10 hooksizes.:confused:

jigtwins
12-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the approval folks. I have only been ice fishing once. Been doing a lot of research online trying to find out what works best and how to present the bait. Would like to get a flasher, but can't justify the price. I do have a bottom line fish finder that has ice mode on it though. Anyone used a regular fish finder through the ice?

ready2fish
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the approval folks. I have only been ice fishing once. Been doing a lot of research online trying to find out what works best and how to present the bait. Would like to get a flasher, but can't justify the price. I do have a bottom line fish finder that has ice mode on it though. Anyone used a regular fish finder through the ice?

i think it would work fine, you might want to check with b/l to see if you need a ice ducer for it. As far as a ff for ice fish its defiantly a must.

Jiggin_Joe
12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
I will never fish without a flasher again. Its like night and day

JJ

Crappiekiller3
12-21-2009, 12:35 AM
The best ice jig I ever used was a barbless Purist size 14. I tie the jig on,
use no grub or scent and fish previously drilled holes!! I just walk around, drop the jig in and catch 2-6 fish, then move on to the next hole!
They come in many colors, but I use black 90% of the time, once in a while
brown or orange. Because of health issues I can't fish very cold days. When I go, I take a plastic bag, three prerigged poles and a skimmer. When the bag is full (usually 1-3 hours) I go home and wait for the next 25-40 degree
day! Try it ...it works!!!

chaunc
12-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Here's some i got from microspoons. The head is 1/32 with a #8 sickle hook. I like my heads unpainted.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e253/ken_e_getem_n/IMG_0043.jpg

Wallygrrr48307
12-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Put some vegtable cooking under the transducer and it will shoot right thru the ice. That is if you have good ice without a bunch of bubbles in it. Just slop some v.oil on the ice and set the transducer on it. It will shoot thru and tell you everything you need to know. I now live in Georgia but back in the Ice days I would get me a motorcycle battery my depth finder and some vegtable oil. Keep the vegtable oil in your coat or it will freeze too.

ready2fish
12-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Put some vegtable cooking under the transducer and it will shoot right thru the ice. That is if you have good ice without a bunch of bubbles in it. Just slop some v.oil on the ice and set the transducer on it. It will shoot thru and tell you everything you need to know. I now live in Georgia but back in the Ice days I would get me a motorcycle battery my depth finder and some vegtable oil. Keep the vegtable oil in your coat or it will freeze too.

also you could cook your fish while your out there