Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: January Fishing Show

Post Thanks / Like

Default January Fishing Show

The last couple of years there has been a fishing expo south of Indy in January. I think its around the Greenwood area or in Johnson Co. I would like to attend this year for the first time if there is going to be one. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

See Indiana Fishing Expo 2010 for details.
    Jig Tyer.

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody ever attended this event before? Me and my son enjoy going to things like this, but the vendor list looks pretty small, may not be worth the drive. Who's been before?
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

I went last year and had a good time. Not many venders, but all willing to talk fishing.
    DR Fish

Post Thanks / Like

I went last year and listening to the speakers was great and also very informative. Vendors were good also. Nothing but fishing related stuff, no ginsue knifes cutting through tin cans. I came down from Huntington County and want to make this years also if work schedule will allow.

Post Thanks / Like

I am the show co-ordinator. The vendor list has not been updated in some time. We have had some serious family issues this year and the site was not a priority. The show is however sold out as far as vendors go. We average around 40 vendors and every single one is fishing related. We do not under any circumstances allow vendors in that don't cater to the fishing public.

We have added a couple features to our learning part of the show this year. Blue Water LED is installing a light package on a boat on site. Gator Grip is bringing in their lazer machine and are custom cutting measuring boards on site with anything you want on them.

We went after a few vendors this year that cater to the panfish/crappie fishing community. They are coming. I really don't want just another bass fishing show, they're are plenty of those. Our guest speaker lineup will attest to this as well. We have guest speakers for everything from panfish to carp, walleye,musky and what ever swims.

If there is anything I can answer for you, please don't hesitate to ask or send me an e-mail.

Sincerely, Ray Rigby
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Fishing Shows

I believe there is one in Franklin Indiana mid Jan, then one at State fair grounds in Feb. I like to fish and ride motorcycles (not at the same time) The one at the fair grounds in Indy has fishing and motorcycle stuff the last weekend. Hopeing to attend the one in Indy....(kill two birds with one stone)

Post Thanks / Like

For you guy's who want to catch a great seminar on crappie, come on out.

Charlie Hildreth will be there for seminars each day. He will also have a booth with some crappie merchandise, rods etc. Charlie is a real informative speaker to listen to. I am a bass fisherman and after listening to Charlie he makes me want to trade in all my gear. He is always willing to talk crappie with anyone willing to stop by his booth and talk.

Here is to another good year.

Ray Rigby

PICTURES

Post Thanks / Like

He's also willing to freeze his --- off to satisfy a paying customer. Fished with him on Monroe on Easter last year. He's a great guide and we didn't do to bad, but the weather didn't help, 45 degrees windy and cloudy made for some tough fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_Rigby View Post
    For you guy's who want to catch a great seminar on crappie, come on out.

Charlie Hildreth will be there for seminars each day. He will also have a booth with some crappie merchandise, rods etc. Charlie is a real informative speaker to listen to. I am a bass fisherman and after listening to Charlie he makes me want to trade in all my gear. He is always willing to talk crappie with anyone willing to stop by his booth and talk.

Here is to another good year.

Ray Rigby

PICTURES
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking forward to going, then realized its the wifes b-day, and now found out that I am on call that weekend. Oh well, its better to get it out of the way before spring hits.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944