Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fogged Up Fish Finder Screen

Post Thanks / Like

Question Fogged Up Fish Finder Screen

Does anyone else have trouble with fish finders fogging up inside the screen? I have two HB's one on front and one at the console, both fogg up even if I store them in the house between trips or in the dry storage on the boat. Any advice how to stop the fog??

Basscat
    Basscat
    Lake Fork, TX.

Post Thanks / Like

i had two lowrances and they did it too, i do not know what to tell you but i am sure someone here will have some advice

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem last year, because I left mine in the boat in dry storage. I got a gallon zip lock bag and put white rice in it along with both the fish finders. I put about a two pound bag of rice in the ziplock. It took a couple of weeks, but it dried out both fishfinders. Sounds like a old wives tale, but it really works.

Post Thanks / Like

poppop i do believe it would work like you say, i just wish it worked in the salt shakers at restaurants lol

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the rice tip. I will try it. I will post after the new year if it works or not.

Basscat...
    Basscat
    Lake Fork, TX.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has done this many times if I leave the light on in the Finder. I sometimes leave early and turn the back light on and forget to tirn off after daybreak. BB

Post Thanks / Like

Same here w/ my HB's only the 727 up front does it. Some one told me one time that it's because I left them in the boat over the winter. Bad seals is what they said. I'll have to try the white rice trick.

Life has many choices, eternity has two...choose wisely.
    Unapplied biblical truth is like unapplied paint...how many gallons do you have sittin' around? U.D.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

So Poppop, once you got it dried out....no more problems out on the water?!? I also have aa Eagle that fogs.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the small desiccant bags that come in shoes and other products should work also?
    Don't outsmart your common sense!
    Jack

Post Thanks / Like

Rice will work good. Desicates too, if you can get enough of them. Leave them in a window sill that gets sun will quicken the pace of the drying.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast