Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Northwest Louisiana Crappie Club Open Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northwest Louisiana Crappie Club Open Tournament

Northwest Louisiana Crappie Club will have a meeting at Chef Lee on Benton Rd. on Nov. 30th.at 6:30 to discuss having the open tournament. Lake will be voted on at meeting. You will not have to be a CLUB MEMBER to fish this tournament If you wish to join the Club your membership will be good for the 2006 season. Tournament will be held Dec.17 th. Entry for this tournament will be $20.00 per person and $5:00 for big Crappie. For more information you may call. Or contact me mikeg on Crappie.com.

Mike @ 318-965-9547
    Reese @ 546-5448 cell
    Cajun Dave @ 318-291-9786
    Last edited by mikeg; 11-11-2005 at 08:29 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tournament

Hey Mike, Glad to see this open tournament coming up. I believe that is the week I am on Vacation, if so I would be intrested in attending your meeting. Not only for tournament reasons but to meet a few of you guys as well. I want to thank you again for the help you have given Mo'nBack and myself with getting the Central La Crappie Association kicked off. We also will be holding an open Tournament the first weekend of December, we too have to decide what lake we wish to fish. I will be making a post in the next day or so with more details. Hopefully when we get this years tournament season underway we could get our clubs together for a little tournament somewhere.

:D Good Luck :D
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see all this crappie activity from the Shreveport area.

I did not realize there were two different clubs. I have not taken the plunge into competitive fishing enough to join any clubs right now but sure is nice to see there are so many avid crappie fishermen in the area. I plan on fishing the little Larto get-together tournament on dec. 10th so maybe it will get me started on this tourney stuff.

Anyways good luck with yalls clubs, keep Shreveport on the crappie map!

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

Default Clubs

Hey FM, actually there are 3 different clubs that I know about, The North East, The North West, and The Central La. Crappie Association. There may even be another or so that I am not familier with. Actually Mo'nBack and myself talked to a few members of the North East Louisiana Crappie Club during our Darbonne tournament on Nov. 5th. I hope to see more of this activity from the folks in Louisiana. From what I can see so far the tournaments can be a lot of fun, even if you dont place :D . Good way for us all to get together.
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC

Post Thanks / Like

I agree the most important part is getting together and sharing the sport. I like learning about new lakes the most. If you do your own thing you tend to get fixated on one lake or two lakes. Ones where you can fill the boat every weekend. But if you get to know local fishermen you can share your favorite waters with each other. Pretty soon I am going to have to roll the dice to choose me weekend destination.

~Fishin' Magician~

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gota Work

Hey Mikeg and Cajun Dave, I had thought about coming to your meeting on Wednesday night, but I realized I have to work that night. I wish you all the best and hope you have a great turn-out. Please keep me posted on your tournament and its location. I am on Vacation that week and may be interested in joining you guys. Look forward to meeting more of you, and Cajun Dave I will see you and Eric down at Black Lake on the 3rd. Good luck with your meeting! :D
    Brandon Jennings
    Bayou Crappie ETC