Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grenada

Post Thanks / Like

Default grenada

i finally found my picture of these three nice ones we caught at grenada lake at the end of march this year. we're looking forward our trip back next year. i love the prespawn.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Good looking slabs. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Grenada has to be one of the best Crappie Lakes in the World. Glad it's 80 miles from my house!!! But honestly I live within 5 miles of the BEST KEPT SECRET Crappie Lakes in Mississippi, Ross Barnett RES.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

Sure sac-a-lait, rub it in about how close you are.I'd love to be there but from my Starting point: Cedar Rapids, Iowa,to
    Ending point: Grenada, Mississippi, the
    Total Distance is 727.9 Miles
    Estimated Total Time: 10 hours, 25 minutes now that's a trip (made it before and it was great and the gas was only around 1.45 I think then).I want to get there again sometime soon but you know how that goes (want in 1 hand and crap in the other,see which 1 fills quicker ).So tear them up boy's down there,I'll be pulling them up through the ice holes up here in a month or so .
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

im going in March, no matter what the wife says. bhodges you down! i know AJ is going. Abarkley can you give more info, what style of fishing locaction. Thanks
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drill instructor
    im going in March, no matter what the wife says. bhodges you down! i know AJ is going. Abarkley can you give more info, what style of fishing locaction. Thanks
    the only success we had was in creeks on the south side of the lake. we pull jigs so we like open water with underwater structure. if you prefer jigging, there's one creek on the north side of the lake full of structure to jig around. it's the creek closest to the dam on the north side of the lake.also the graysport area has tons of standing timber if you like jigging. however, i did see some people slow trolling minnows out the front of their boat. we pull jigs out the back and those local people over there looked at us like we were crazy as h*ll when we'd pull by. most all of the locals single pole jig. they have all the nooks and crannys in that lake filled with stake beds. when we went the water was down and the stake beds were high and dry, so we fished for staging fish by covering a lot of water.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-11-2005 at 05:00 PM. Reason: language

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I might be. Hmm. We'll have to see. I have a package being delivered right at the beginning of March, the screaming kind.

Post Thanks / Like

sac-a lait - Your right you and I both live close to the best crappie lake in the World but you got to keep our secret lake in Jackson a secret! Or it will not be a secret anymore!
    B&M Pro Staff
    Driftmaster Pro Staff
    TEAM BAIT PUMP
    MAGNOLIA CRAPPIE CLUB

Post Thanks / Like

Huge crappie abarkley... I think congrats is in order.

Did any of them go over 3lbs? All these Grenada pictures have finally gotten to me I am starting to plan a trip up there.

Everyone I talk to tells me if I want a 3lber to go in late March or earlly April. I spider rig minnows and jigs and slow troll so pre-spawn open water is what I am looking to get into. Any tips on time, place, and tactics would be greatly appriciated. Might send you a private message when it gets closer to spring.

~Fishin' Magician~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast