Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tomorrow's fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tomorrow's fishing

Here is what is the forcast for tomorrow after the cold front came thru with a bluebird day.
    East wind 3 to 7 mph
    Max humidity 73 deg.
    Dewpoint 29 deg.
    Pressure 30.20 and steady

So where and how do I find the fish. Looks like it will be bone dry, low dewpoint. Anyone ever tracked the effects of the dewpoint?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SteveJ
    Here is what is the forcast for tomorrow after the cold front came thru with a bluebird day.
    East wind 3 to 7 mph
    Max humidity 73 deg.
    Dewpoint 29 deg.
    Pressure 30.20 and steady
    So where and how do I find the fish. Looks like it will be bone dry, low dewpoint. Anyone ever tracked the effects of the dewpoint?
    If the forecast is for east wind, I try to go fishing.
    The saying goes:
    "wind from the west, fishing the best - wind from the east, fishing the least"
    Not for me. I always look forward to an east wind, before the rain. The barometer would be falling.
    I've never tracked the effects of the dewpoint/humidity on fishing, but now that I think about it, bluebird days suck and they have low humidity. Do you realize that when the current temp drops to the dewpoint, it rains? Your forecast says humidity 73 deg. Do you mean 73% ? That seems like a sort of high humidity for a bluebird day. What is the temp forecast? You have a strange set of forecast stats there. I never get a humidity or dewpoint or pressure forecast on a normal day! And there is no temp or cloudcover stat! If a true coldfront just came through, and you have a choice, I would wait a day or two. I mostly pay attention to the barometer and wind direction and intensity. Falling pressure and light east wind - I go fishing.
    Last edited by Pomoxis 2; 11-10-2005 at 09:49 PM.
    Sorry for my Crappie attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I meant % and I think it was somewhat off from what the weather man said it would be, he keep saying it was going to be bone dry. I got the figures above from the forecast on the computer. I have never had too much luck after a front with an east wind bluebird day, but they are forecasting rain Sunday and I have had luck before a front. We have not had any rain to speak of since the Katrina. We need it bad. The temp is going to be at least 15 to 20 degrees lower and no cloud cover. I think Sat. would be better.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Weather statistics ...

I wouldn't pay much attention to the Dewpoint - at 29deg ... that means it would be a frost, if the air temps got that cold.
    It wouldn't be "bone dry" if the Humidity was 73% .... it would have to be less than 50% for the air to feel all that dry. 73% is fairly moist air.
    East Winds (light) .... must be a High Pressure East wind, due to the 30.20 and steady reading. That would put the High Pressure center North of you, and possibly quite a distance away (since the winds are light). I wouldn't factor much into that .... with the exception of starting my search "in" the cover, as opposed to "around" the cover. They may still be hunkered down, from the effects of the front ... but, with the next approaching system, they may still be sporadically feeding.
    My advice - GO! And watch for the baitfish ... depth and activity level. If they're circling in one spot - fish the dense cover nearby ... if they're schooled and on the move - fish the structure & cover they are headed towards (or schooling around). If they're running on top ... fish the shallow areas in the vicinity (and expect the Crappie to be suspended just above the cover) -- if they're running subsurface to mid-range depths ... fish cover in that depth, to slightly deeper.
    It is Fall ... and the fish know it. They've got to fatten up for the Winter, and now is the time when the baitfish are dying off from the cooler water temps. The fish will pick off the dying ones, before chasing the lively ones ... so a slow fall/slow retrieve with a light jighead should mimic those dying baitfish. Good time for the Vertical Casting method, around submerged cover ..... wish I could be there :D

These are not "facts" ... just my opinion, based on the statistics given :p .... I go "when" I can go, weather & work permitting -- so I don't usually pay that much attention to "forecasts" ... I just try and adapt to the circumstances at hand, once I get there ... LOL!! ...... luck2ya ..cp

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I went but waited until about 12, I usually go in the mornings, fished from 12 til 3. This is what the weather guesser on TV said about todays weather at 6 PM today, 72 deg. hi, 18 deg DP, 12% humidity and 30.14 and steady wind NE 3 to 7 mph. I caught 9 with a 12 3/4", a 12" and the rest between 10" and 11". A friend who is a good fisherman fished with his buddy from 8 til 1 and caught 6 or 7, he usually does better than that when he stays out that many hours. I really figured it was just spending time adding some of my spots to my new GPS. Weight of jigheads was certainly a major factor as I started out with a 1/8 oz on one and 1/16 oz on the other and most were coming on the 1/16 oz head so I changed over on the other. I also had a crappie nibble on one and half a honey worm on the other and believe the worm outfished the nibble. It sure does stay on a lot better. The only down thing was no nice big slabs, had been catching some about every time I had been before. But I'm very pleased with the afternoon.
    Last edited by SteveJ; 11-11-2005 at 06:23 PM.