Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: High Rock Lake, NC

slab_seeker Guest

Default High Rock Lake, NC

I've been catching some nice flatheads while crappie fishing at night about 10' deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Slab Seeker

We are coming down fri any advice on the flat heads.We are intending on setting jugs and some rods to try and catch some cats.If you would like to join us say the word.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cspen
    We are coming down fri any advice on the flat heads.We are intending on setting jugs and some rods to try and catch some cats.If you would like to join us say the word.

Looks like I can make it. Not sure as to what time I'll be able to go yet.
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

katfisher Guest

blueocean77 Guest

Default Crappie fishing in high rock lake nc from [email protected]

I just moved here from Alabama to Greensboro, nc, can anyone give me advice on a good place to take my kids night fishing for Crappie? I have a 19' bass boat and know the basics from growing up doing it with a lantern, a float light and try to find an area with christmas trees in about 20' foot of water or trees in the water using minnows or jigs for bait. Any ideas of a good place to fish on HIgh Rock Lake or any other lakes with an hour of Greensboro or so? I would greatly appreciate any advice on this?
    Thanks,
    Rex Harrell

hawkman is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blueocean77
    I just moved here from Alabama to Greensboro, nc, can anyone give me advice on a good place to take my kids night fishing for Crappie? I have a 19' bass boat and know the basics from growing up doing it with a lantern, a float light and try to find an area with christmas trees in about 20' foot of water or trees in the water using minnows or jigs for bait. Any ideas of a good place to fish on HIgh Rock Lake or any other lakes with an hour of Greensboro or so? I would greatly appreciate any advice on this?
    Thanks,
    Rex Harrell
    Check out the NC state message board. There are frequent reports on High Rock & other local lakes. The bridges on Hi-way 8 & Bringle Ferry Rd. are good but tend to get crowded. Also try the fish attractors put out by the wildlife commission until you locate some brushpiles. If you fish daytime too we are having a get together April 23 at Tamarac Marina on Bringle Ferry Rd. Not a tournament, just a bunch of us from this site get together to fish & a fish fry afterward. It would be a good chance to meet some fellow fishermen & find some new spots to fish. Hope to see you there. Gerald
    Crappie fishing is my lighthouse of sanity in an insane world,
    It keeps me from crashing on the rocky shores of everyday life.
    Crappie.com is my beacon of light!