Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie spawn @ Truman Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie spawn @ Truman Lake

Question? Does anyone know when the best time in the spring is to go to Truman for the spawn? Best Place to stay?
    Crappie Fishing- Lots of Run...Sun...Fun...Catch a Ton...Or Didn't Get None!

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3rd week in April

will almost guarntee you some good spawning action sometimes it is a little earlier and sometimes a tad later but the 3rd week would be almost a given.... not sure on where to stay there is bucksaw, or lots of lodging around the truman area... all close to good action.......folks on this site will help you once you get here if you let them know when you will be here, someone will be on them.......... Welcome to Truman Lake.........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Monty is right on about the time frame. But it can always change a little with mother nature. Just come on down the last week of April and come to the MO crappie camp. Lots of good people and information to be had. Plenty of people out scouting for big fish that week.

Post Thanks / Like

end of april prime time.2 years ago 1st week of june at bucksaw

Post Thanks / Like

That was a crazy year two years ago. Seemed like they would move up and then pull back out then move up again. But it made for good fishing for almost two months.

Post Thanks / Like

i know 1st week of june gots 2 be the latest spawn i seen whats the earliest

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie spawn at Reelfoot well into May and early june every year. About the time the first wave hits and everyone is whining about the spawn being over thats the time to go get them. Dont know about all the other lakes but crappie here will beging to spawn when the temps are about 58 (black crappie) and the white crappie will slowly move in but they get in full swing right around 70 degrees. I had always thought 60-65 till I found them, now every year I do my best spawn fishing in May or early June....

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like we went to Reelfoot to early a few years ago. Caught ours down there trolling out off the banks in the underwater stump fields. Some people were just starting to catch some shallow around the pad stems. We were fishing the upper Blue to try and beat some of the winds.