Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Minn Kota All Terriain???

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Minn Kota All Terriain???

Does anyone have one of these foot-controled trolling motors? I orginally had a puck transducer mounted to it but my fishfinder went out so I up-graded to a Matrix 67 which has a skimmer transducer. I can mount it on with the clamp I had on my puck transducer but it looks like the fin on the motor housing would interfere with the skimmer transducer. I wont to point the transducer forward so I can pick up on coming structure and ect. However the fin is right in the way no matter how I position it. I cant go to far back because the prop wash might interfere. I dont like the idea of mounting it to the side or up the shaft. Anyone that has one of these trolling motors that have trolling motor transducer mount give me some ideas!!!!!

Thanks
    Spawner

Post Thanks / Like

I just drilled a hole in the skeg (fin) and ran a bolt thru the hole and the hole in the skimmer Xducer. Use serrated lock washers so it doesn't move. The hole won't hurt the skeg, and you can still go back to using the skimmer Xducer off the transom if need be.

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same as shellback.