Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Baitfish thought

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Baitfish thought

what is every ones opinion on crappie and bait fish this time of year.
    I think because there is so many bait fish especially on Douglas lake where I fish mostly that it make the fishing a lot tougher I know the fish are there
    but seems like you have to put the bait right in front of them before they will hit. Is there thing that you can do to intice a hit when you are faced with this.Maybe I am way off base here just a thought.The way I fish mainly is trolling.
    Last edited by speck chaser; 11-10-2005 at 07:53 AM.
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Post Thanks / Like

Have to agree Speck. Seems like when baitfish are more plentiful the catching get more difficult. I mainly fish tightlining and it ahs been tougher this year than in along time and LOTS of baitfish.

Talking with DNR fisheries biologist the survey they did non Lake Shelbyville showed good numbers of all species of fish but everybody is having trouble catching them.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

your right spec chaser, it makes you wonder if they are too full to even eat anything else with all the baitfish around. The last two times I went out before daylight, the baitfish were so thick, they were splashing the top of the water. I could hear it over my trolling motor. They strecthed for several hundred yards, all the way to where I was fishing anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up On the grapevine.....

...heard or read somewhere that even with water full of bait, crappie and all fish when looking for eats look for a easy target....if you have a bait hooked where it struggles then fish would rather take the easy meal than chase a harder to catch meal...makes sense to me anyway.. :D ..goes back to the survival of the fittest theory.. ...
    Tighten er down till ya strip it--then back off 1/4 turn..
    HEY,,Y'all watch THIS..........

Post Thanks / Like

that is true carl, but you gotta wonder with all that bait that they have already found some weakened easy meal lol