Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish finder

Post Thanks / Like

Default fish finder

what would be the best fish finder in the $200 to $300 range that would really show brush tops?

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Casper, I use a HB565 and like it just fine. $180 if you catch it on sale. It has about 800 watts of power. A few months back I bought my first Lowrance. A difference of day and night. 2400 watts of power and the detail is so much better. It takes a little learning to read it, but if I can figure it out I know you can. The Lowrance 125 is about $300 and worth every nickel. My Bird is on the front and the Lowrance is on the transom. Come tax time a 125 is replacing the bird. Just MHO.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

I am a big fan of Lowrance/Eagle for the price you cannot beat them. I had a 480 and a 320 and both and they are great units. They are in the price range you are looking at and for a little more you can get the 480 with GPS.

You will have a little learning curve on the manuel settings but when you get comfortable with the unit it will do all you need and then some.

good luck,