Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Line holder

Post Thanks / Like

Question Line holder

I have a telescopic black widow pole and was wondering how to use the line holser on it. Most of my fishing is with rods that have reel seats but got this one for creek fishing and back water fishing where I could just swing the bait out over stumps and stuff. I just need to know how to get the line to stay on the holder with out just knoting it to it.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

slab_seeker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fishin3
    I have a telescopic black widow pole and was wondering how to use the line holser on it. Most of my fishing is with rods that have reel seats but got this one for creek fishing and back water fishing where I could just swing the bait out over stumps and stuff. I just need to know how to get the line to stay on the holder with out just knoting it to it.
    Iv'e seen people loop a rubber band around 1 of the holders a couple of times then tieing the line thru the rubberband loops. I have always just tied it to the holder.

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishin3.......

Quote Originally Posted by fishin3

I think most folks tie to the rear holder, although I've seen it tied to the pole behind the rear holder. A word of caution though, take a close look at the holders to make sure there are no sharp edges that could cut your line. I just use a small file to smooth them out. Good luck!