Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEVER Trust The Weather Guessers

Post Thanks / Like

Default NEVER Trust The Weather Guessers

The Weather Guessers called for "partly cloudy skies and a high of 59-degrees" today but they were WAY off. We were definitely in the "part" that was cloudy and they missed the high by nearly 20-degrees. We were a little disappointed (and under-dressed for the most part) but the crappie, bass, bream and stripers didn't mind at all.

We cleaned 81 fish that yielded 21-pounds of fillets. We had two stripers hit us at the same time. One broke off but we landed the other one, which was 8-pounds, 7-ounces. We couldn't find a crappie over two-pounds but we had several that were close.

We used Rosy Red Minnows, Shiners and 1/16th-ounce chartreuse/silver/chartreuse and orange/silver/chartreuse hair jigs tipped with small minnows fished from 17 to 23-feet deep in 20 to 40-feet of water around brush piles, Bamboo Crappie Condos and other man-made structures.

The trip was a Christmas Present from FishforFood82 from the Louisiana board to his dad and they each brought a co-worker. Thanks for coming guys - hope to see y'all again soon!
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

congrats
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

wow u guys had a great day. the pics looks like a Christmas card

Post Thanks / Like

congrats on the good day, we went early this am on the advice of the weather wrongers. 52 when we left. and drove 60mi. north and it was 33 when we unloaded and the wind picked up and blew us off the water. lousy day. weather man said cold front comming through arround 4 this PM boy was he wrong, oh well next time

Post Thanks / Like

I never get cold if the crappie are biting. Another note of wisdom, you can always take off clothing if you get hot, but you can't put in on if you left it at home or in the truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Dawg View Post
    I never get cold if the crappie are biting. Another note of wisdom, you can always take off clothing if you get hot, but you can't put in on if you left it at home or in the truck.
    Yea, when my crew walked out on the dock I said, "I sure hope y'all brought more clothes along". The were expecting it to warm up but it never did. We had a much nicer day today. Didn't catch as many fish but the average size was better. We had two that were 2-1 and one that was 2-3.
    The sun finally came out about the time we were ready to head in.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Boy u guys definatley got em even with the colder temps. Congrats

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, nice catch there Jerry. That's what we up here call walleye weather. Makes em hungry! You go out and freeze your can off, but you don't notice cuz your so busy pulling them in.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Great catch! Weather guessers is right, 70% chance of rain turns into 0 inches of rainfall here the last few days.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've missed two good back-to-back mornings of fishing due to those weather guys. At my age you'd think I'd a done learned.:rolleyes: Jerry, that's a super catch for your clients. A big thumbs up for such a neat Christmas present too. Great picture.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast