Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tell Me The Truth

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tell Me The Truth

I see alot of posts that end with things like,a bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work or no fish but still enjoyed the scenery and solitude. Don't get me wrong i'd rather fish than work and love being on the lake taking in the nature. Now lets be totally honest, doesn't it irk you just a little bit when you spend the better part of a day on the water and couldn't catch a cold if you tried. So tell the truth, doesn't it tick ya off to be outfoxed and demoralized by them little speckled suckers. LOL. :D P.S. I can't wait to go get ticked off this weekend!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it definately gets under my skin. I only had 6 keepers, and thats just not acceptible. They didnt outsmart me, they just hid from me. If I could have found them, they wouldnt have a chance in Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Default I want to get even!

When those days happen, I usually stay longer than if the fish are biting. I try to figure out the pattern (if there is one!). I try every color, presentation, jig, depth, and structure I can think of or find. Then after a full day I don't know who I'm more mad at-Me or the fish! They're just being fish, but sometimes act like hardheaded donkeys!!! I guess I'm really mad at MY shortcomings, but that's part of it. No one fills the icechest everytime they go, or at least I hope no one does, cause that would make me look even worse.
    Catch and Release: Catch the slabs and Release the little'uns

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoy catching fish. BUt I seem to sometimes get the most enjoyment out of the tough days. For instance, a cold windy day if I catch fish when nobody else will try, that is fun to me. I enjoy figuring them out. And I like it most when I am just to the point of thinking they just aren't biting, then I try one more spot and find fish. That to me is really fun. Even if I just catch 4 fish. But blank days definately hurt my pride.

The competitor in me says "I am only as good a fisherman as my last trip!"
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I can handle not catching fish as long as everybody else is not catching fish,
    but when guys at the dock are cleaning fish, and i didnt come close, that
    bugs me . I nightstalk a lot so i try to keep track of where the other boats
    are fishing but it is hard to do after dark when they are spread out.
    chef
    Last edited by chef; 11-09-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The only time I get a little frustrated (with myself) is when I'm not able to get 10 or more nice keeper crappie for my clients. On the slower days I have to remember and tell more jokes, lol.

When I go out by myself and only catch a few, I am pleased because I am usually scouting new or different areas we haven't recently fished. And, most of that time I am verticle tightlining a jig only (they don't get fat on plastic ya know). So, though I only get a few, I'm still very pleased that I was able to produce under the circumstances.

I'm not going to say how many years it's been since I've been skunked because it might jinx it. Don't tell anyone, but I went fishing with a bass fishing friend of mine a few weeks ago and all we caught were 2 crappie. Now, ain't that poetic justice.

Slow days are okay with me, it's a challenge and makes me a better angler. I have had a reoccurring dream for about a year now that I'm on the water and have been there for quite a while with no fish in the box. Then I catch the next state record crappie. Just thinking about that keeps me going. I hope it's an premonition. Just that one fish would be good enough for me! Trips over, where's that Game and Fish official? Where is the nearest certified scale?
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I fI can't catch one, I change spots, weights, etc...anything to catch some fish. i never lose confidence in my jig for I know he will produce sooner or later. Once I get the FIRST tap out of the way, the rest is like taking candy from a baby.

Post Thanks / Like

It don't usually bother me tell the next day or so when I'm home doing the yard work, fixin fence, or some other have to do project, with the perfect weather. I'm just think that if I would have know I would have stayed home and done this job and I could be fishing now. But I still say the worst day fishing is still much better than the best day at work.

may your livewells stay full, and your rods stay bent.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

I'd go today even if I knew that I was not going to get a bite. My exwife used to ask me how long I was going to stay and I would tell her the same thing every time, " If they are biting I'm going to stay till they quit and if they aint biting I'm gonna stay til they do." Reckon that's got something to do with why she's my ex-wife?

Post Thanks / Like

I like to catch fish. but That is the reason they call it fishing, Not catching.LOL
    I just enjoy being out there and being able to get out on the water. Theres so many days my body will not let me get out and play.
    So when I can I take every minute I can and enjoy it.

PEte

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast