Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kokomo Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kokomo Bob

Hey Kokomo Bob,
    Thanks for the info , I appreciate it. What ramp do you usually use at the salamonie? I have been hitting the monument island area pretty hard this summer so I have been using the lost bridge east quite a bit. If you use this ramp what kind of vehicle are you driving? I will keep my eye out for you and maybe we could hook up some time and swap some (lies) , I mean stories about this great reservoir. I am fishing out of a 17.5 ft bass tracker and I usually pull it with a silver f-150 pickup with a chicago cubs plate on the front( GO CUBBIES !! ). Your right we probably have crossed paths and maybe even talked some without knowing it , I have met some really nice people there this summer who love crappie fishing. By the way are you aware of the crappie tournament that peace pipe bait store is putting on this saturday on the salamonie? They do it every couple months and it is a great time. The last one had a big fish winner of 1.4 lbs. If your interested in the details let me know and I'll post them futher. Thanks again for the info and hope you have a great time on the water!..........treepotato

Post Thanks / Like

Tree Potato, if I am with my wife we drive a gray suburban, with a Net Zero Nascar plate on the front, my wife's favorite driver Ward Burton. If I'm with another guy we pull with my old light blue dodge pick up. 3 times I had 3 other guys with me last month. My nephew and his two 300lb boys were in from Oregon and I took them up. Liked to turned my boat over when they would shift.LOL We usually put in at Lost Bridge East also, sometimes Mt. Etna. Fished the same area also. I would appreciate that info on the tournament. We have never fished a money tournament or anything real serious. But we are going to fish the Watts Bar Tenn. Fall Brawl crappie tournament next month. It's a real fun thing for prizes with a fish fry the next day. You probably read about it here on Crappie.com. If you ever get time you should try to make it or the one they have in the spring called Spring Fling. Just a great bunch of crazy people really having good clean fun.
    Catch-u-Lat'r
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Kokomo Bob,
    The fall brawl and spring fling sound like a really great time, I hope to participate in them sometime but not sure when I will get enough free days together to do something like that. Right now I just get a few hours here and there and occasionally a full day. I have a very understanding wife and sometimes I don't know how she puts up with me as much as she does! I think maybe she loves me or something.LOL
    Anyway , enough of the mushy stuff... The tournament saturday starts at 6:00 am and weigh-in is at 2:30 pm. They weigh your top 10 fish and award a 1st,2nd &3rd place . They also award a big fish prize which is seperate if you choose to enter that.
    The cost is only $2 per person with big fish $5 per person. Nothing to get rich on but just doing a little competeing along with doing what we love to do best and seeing some of the quality fish this reservoir is beginning to give up makes it all worth it. I figure you probably know where peace pipe is but if you don't just let me know and I will do my best to direct you there. Everyone just meets there sometime around 6:00 am. and signs up and gets whatever bait they're needing and heads out meeting back between 2:00 and 2:30 pm for weigh-in. It would be really nice to see you there and meet you. I have a buddy that fishes with me occasionally and he is going to join me saturday for what I know will a great time fishing and fellowship. thanks for your reply and tight lines to you!!.......treepotato

p.s have you fished the fall brawl or spring fling before? If so what are some of the details of how it is put on.

Post Thanks / Like

TP, I probably won't make it this Sat???? Maybe. I gues I'm pretty lucky when it comes to wives, mine loves to fish as much or maybe even more than I. She usually outfishes me to.
    If you will click on the main Crappie Board on this site, there is a sticky by Crappie Pappy explaining all about the Fall Brawl and Spring Fling at Watts Bar.
    Thanks for all the information you gave. I would really like to get up there when you are there so I can follow you around to all those brush piles you put in. LOL
    Do you live close to Salamonie? It's about an hours drive for us. A little over 50 miles.
    Good luck tomorrow, looks like it's going to be a nice day.

Post Thanks / Like

Kokomo Bob, Yes I live pretty close to the salamonie. I can leave my driveway and be on the water in 15 minutes. That makes it really convenient when time is so limited.
    You can follow me anytime you want and I will personally show you the brushpiles I have!LOL . I enjoy seeing my fishing buddies catching fish and having a good time almost as much as doing it myself. The DNR office closes at 4:00 there at lost bridge west but if you ever have the time when your up this way stop in there and ask for a list of GPS coordinates to their brushpiles and fish attractors and they will give you a list of about 44 different sites where they have placed these little honey holes, they are free to the public but I don't think many people are aware of it. If I remember right they placed them in areas as shallow as 5 ft (summer pool) to 16 ft (summer pool). I have been too busy checking out my own areas to try theirs but 44 sites should keep us busy for awhile and Im sure they are better educated on the correct locations to put them than I am , but it seems like this year about any cover you could find would work. well gotta get busy and start getting things ready for tommorrow , it's been great chatting with you and hope to see ya sometime.....In Him....treepotato