Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underwater Camera's

Post Thanks / Like

Default Underwater Camera's

Anyone used one, seen one or know someone that has used one????? Pretty wide price range out there, wondering how they would work in stained to muddy water like Truman.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

Does a search on you tube and you will see how they look in general. If I had time and money I would make an underwater housing with improved lighting for a handheld camcorder. Supposedly however far you can see down is how far the camera can see out.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard they don't work very well in stained water. The last issue of crappie world had an article about them.

Post Thanks / Like

Never used one Lenny so not much I can add. But what I'm thinking is:

Stockton=YES

Truman=NO
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, rather to skid in sideways, body used up and totally worn out screaming 'WOO~HOO what a ride!'

Post Thanks / Like

Default There are some places on truman

that it will work, I know a guy who knows a guy who uses one at the Truman State Marina around the boat slips and says it works great, shows the crappie and he just drops a jig down and he vanishes..... getting a little effortless for me, but just my 2 cents, watch the video (bridge pillars) on myoutdoortv.com and it shows tons of them........but it ain't truman.....
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

had one used it a lot on clear water lakes, it worked well, tried it on stained to muddy water, not good, couldnt see more than couple feet. give it a 4 out of 10

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guy's, I have been researching this for a month or so and have watched plenty of video's but most are in clear lakes like you have seen Beagle. I was hoping someone had tried one on Truman before I drop any $$ on one. I was going to use it next time I go with OSS because I swear Ron is down there putting big fish on his hook and shad or drum on mine.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have used an Aqua-view up north but the lake was pretty clear. It worked good; I used it more to look at structure and compare to what I was seeing on the depth finder. The only thing I didn't like was it was about a 2 man operation plus we would find ourselves messing with the camera more than fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Have one and use it at LOZ for looking around under the dock. Like others have said you can see as far as you can see when looking down. Didn't really want to spend money on it but wife bought it anyway:rolleyes:. Pretty well just a toy and would not dare try to use it out on the lake in anything but flat calm water.
    One funny thing is how the fish will swim up to it and look at the camera, kind of like they are hamming it up.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the Aqua view and I used it for a while and then got bored with it and sold it. The view was ok as long as the water was fairly clear but even on stockton it had a pretty short distance. Turned into more of a hassle than anything else. That was several years ago though and I don't know how much they have changed since.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast