Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Beautiful, Bright, and CHILLY!! Morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beautiful, Bright, and CHILLY!! Morning

Well tear-em up and I went back to try our morning spot where we did real well last week, but with some different weather and results. This week no overcast, rainy day in the 50s, as the title of this says it was beautiful, bright and CHILLY, I beleive weather channel said 27 degrees, but not much wind so that made it better.
    We started out several times since tear-em up called me when i was about a mile down the road to see if I could bring my trolling motor since his did not want to play, no prob, quick U'ey and back home to retrive my motor. So our 6 30 start turned into 6 45. So we get another mile down the road and yours truely remembers forgeting his coat in my truck, another U'ey and get that, so instead of getting to the spot at 6 45 it was more like 7 10? Great start?
    So we hustle back to last weeks hot spot and deploy all our rods, 7 total (you can see Tear-em ups high tech spider rig rod holders in the pictures, they work great) and not much for probably 15 minutes of slow trolling and drifting, and a little casting in between then tear-em up caught a decent one about 11" and then a smaller one and I bang a big yellow ned but action is far from what it was last week. So we make a command decision to run up to the other spot where tear-em caught em good in the past and seem to find a school, he catches a few more decent ones and a perch and I get a real nice 13" slab like we were catching a last week, and we get 2 or 3 more, but again not exactly blistering action.
    So when we see another rig pull up much to out surprise to see another dynamic duo dumb enough to come out, we decide to go back to other spot to see if it turned on, which it did not. About now we check the time, thinkin maybe 9? Nope 10:10, times flys when your chasing crappie, so time to do a slow uneventful troll with the exception of one huge sunfish to the boat ramp and home.
    Anyway looking back we have decided this spot is a morning bite on sunny days and a good spot on overcast days, and in the future we have to get there much earlier on sunny days to take full advantage. We ended up with 7 or 8 crappie, 3 perch, and 1 sunnie, not bad but nothing compared to last trip there. Gosh we were usiing all kinds of stuff, blue white tubes, chart. rubber bead jigs, calcutta jigs, green twisters and did not find a real killer bait this morning or color. Would tell you water temp except I didnt hook up the depth finder right? We still had fun as the pictures attest though.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you guys had a good morning after all the trouble you had getting there. My son and I wanted to go there today but things did not work out. That spot has always been a first light and last light place on bright days. Im off tomorrow but the weather man says I cant go play.

Post Thanks / Like

Truman, sorry you could not make it out, we decided to hit it again sunday morning too.
    Little better results and more crappie like weather, spitting and overcast and like high 40s air temp and the water was 40, figured out how to hook up the depth finder, let someone who knows what their doing do it! Fished the same way as yesterday but stayed up front, ended up with 12 crappie, 2 yellow perch, and tear-em up caught a huge pickeral!! We had out 6 rods slow trolling and the pickrel got into all 6, what a mess. The snake was 24 1/2 inches long, sure it was a citation, would of been nice if crappie dude was with us he would have been thrilled with it. My analagy about that fish was he destroyed the scrappie crappie like godzilla does tokyo???
    Truman after the new year we were talking about getting up with you and taking the big boat and showing you one of the tidal rivers we did well in last year if you intrested? Keep in touch.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I would love to fish with you guys sometime. The Pickeral there can be real nasty. I have gotten some monsters there or they got me. I wanted to go this morning but I dont think my 7 year old son would have lasted long in the rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Think I got Christmas visitors coming this weekend may have to try to sneak a quick one in again. I like the holidays but I sure will be glad when I have more time . Say it might snow sat.