Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The girls are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Default The girls are winning

SacalaitSteve,
    I just heard that our little niece (Breigh) and her boyfriend caught 60 keepers MONDAY (you remember Monday don't you when we caught only 9) 60 keepers in the Quintana over by Franklin.
    She bought some pink and white curly tails because they looked CUTE. They caught them all on those cute little curly tails.
    I am trying to find out EXACTLY where they went. Phil will let me know Monday, IF she spills the beans.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon,
    I did the same thing here a while back. Walked up to the counter and there were those pretty pink and white fin-s-shad. I remembered at that point the we have caught fish on the bayou on that particular color when nothing else would work. So guess what happened yesterday? I caught over 40 on that same jig. 32 were keepers. I wanted to believe that it had everything to do with the silver sparkle nibble riding the hook, but it worked just as well without it. I’m still in shock!!!
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    Deacon,
    I did the same thing here a while back. Walked up to the counter and there were those pretty pink and white fin-s-shad. I remembered at that point the we have caught fish on the bayou on that particular color when nothing else would work. So guess what happened yesterday? I caught over 40 on that same jig. 32 were keepers. I wanted to believe that it had everything to do with the silver sparkle nibble riding the hook, but it worked just as well without it. I’m still in shock!!!
    Well Tommy,
    I'm sold on it. Tonight I'm going a hunting for some CUTE little jigs.
    I went to ACADEMY Sporting last Friday looking for some jigs and such. I was kind of disappointed in their selection. I guess the best place to still by jigs is at your local mom & pop bait shop. We have one down here called Luke's.
    I think I will pay him a visit.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon
    SacalaitSteve,
    I just heard that our little niece (Breigh) and her boyfriend caught 60 keepers MONDAY (you remember Monday don't you when we caught only 9) 60 keepers in the Quintana over by Franklin.
    She bought some pink and white curly tails because they looked CUTE. They caught them all on those cute little curly tails.
    I am trying to find out EXACTLY where they went. Phil will let me know Monday, IF she spills the beans.
    O.K. I'm sold I'm going look for some cute jigs too!
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon the only spot I know of in franklin is called the Quintana oil field you put down under the over pass on 90 in franklin and head toward the intracoastal take a left in one of the canals off the main drag and you are in a world made for sacalait. I have done plenty bass tournament fishing out of this landing and always wondered about the sacalait fishing it is filled with grass beds and cypress trees. you really need to know your way around not to get lost. I know you can save a long boat ride and put down at fosters landing off the highway heading to the cabot landing under the overpass by the carbon black plant.I know someone who knows this area well,ME.Thats what I call fishing trip security.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Deacon the only spot I know of in franklin is called the Quintana oil field you put down under the over pass on 90 in franklin and head toward the intracoastal take a left in one of the canals off the main drag and you are in a world made for sacalait. I have done plenty bass tournament fishing out of this landing and always wondered about the sacalait fishing it is filled with grass beds and cypress trees. you really need to know your way around not to get lost. I know you can save a long boat ride and put down at fosters landing off the highway heading to the cabot landing under the overpass by the carbon black plant.I know someone who knows this area well,ME.Thats what I call fishing trip security.
    They went back Sunday afternoon and loaded up again.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon I went this afternoon to lake fausse point campground headed to the back to fish the stump feild but stopped at twin ponds area trolled up to a log in the middle of the pond and caught a nice 12" sac' thought I finnally may be on some nice fish but didn't see another one.Even went fish the stump field plus 3 other spots. Don't think I'll go back there sunday try and get directions from phil on what landing and what area they are fishing maybe we can head that way sunday.The way our luck is going the bite will be off when we go. But we aren't really tearing them up any where else.
    Last edited by sacalait steve; 09-27-2004 at 06:31 PM.
    GOT BITE? -----~<*)###>{

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sacalait steve
    Deacon I went this afternoon to lake fausse point campground headed to the back to fish the stump feild but stopped at twin ponds area trolled up to a log in the middle of the pond and caught a nice 12" sac' thought I finnally may be on some nice fish but didn't see another one.Even went fish the stump field plus 3 other spots. Don't think I'll go back there sunday try and get directions from phil on what landing and what area they are fishing maybe we can head that way sunday.The way our luck is going the bite will be off when we go. But we aren't really tearing them up any where else.
    I will do better than that. I am going to sacrifice my Saturday and follow them to the spot. Phil has lined it up and will go with me. If we do good I will let you know.
    I heard that on the trip this past Sunday they used chartreuse and black jigs.