Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Smithville Ramp Conditions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville Ramp Conditions

I took a drive to Smithville after work to check out the ramp conditions.

Little Platte Ramp: The lot is half plowed. The boat ramps are iced and tire packed thick. Looks like the guys were putting in at this ramp the most. I wonder if the Park Dept throws salt on these ramps.

W Bridge Ramp: The lot is plowed but the boat ramps are not. It will take a while for the snow/ice to melt on the ramps. I saw no tire tracks down to the water.

Camp Branch Ramp: I think this one is the best. There doesn't seem like there was as much tire packed ice on this ramp.

I was disappointed to see the conditions of the ramps. I was hoping to make it out tomorrow. If I go, I’d be able to put in, but don't make it back up the ramps.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

A bag of salt tonight, and you'd be good to go Saturday. I have 2 bags in my truck just in case I go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    A bag of salt tonight, and you'd be good to go Saturday. I have 2 bags in my truck just in case I go.
    I was thinking the same thing. I wasn't sure if the Park's Dept would pitch a fit if I threw some salt down or not.

MoFishMgr, do you know what the Park's and Corp's policy is on salting the ramps?
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the reports on the ramps. I have not been down to Smithville in a while. I was also concerned how open the water is or what area it might be open, if someone could report on that I would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure. I can check with them on Monday.