Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spilt tail rubber bluegill grub.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spilt tail rubber bluegill grub.

Hi , & Happy Holidays to all,
    Just wanted some information about a elderly gent from the Carolina's area. He is suppose to be in his 80's and designs fishing lures etc. He & his daughter air brush a small split tail grub on about 1/32 jig head. I heard that he sold the patent on this grub.His last name is Jones. Very good panfish grub. Thanks again, Merry Christmas!!! Don from Toledo Brrrrrrrr About 10 outside with a mean s/w wind for a chill factor of about 10 below.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama.

I know what you mean about Toledo weather! I grew up near Door and City Park and spent about 30 years there. Scott High '63.

It was cold as a witches left one last night (Minus 15 below zero) in Cleveland Brown Stadium but who would have thunk the Browns would kick some booty like they did last night. Sacked Big Ben eight times and my Browns have at least 10 ten starters on IR. There is hope for next year..but last night belonged to the Browns!:D:D:D:D
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 12-11-2009 at 07:44 AM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a small world !!!
    Thank you Shipahoy. I probably delivered the Blade to your house or close to it. My paper route went to about City Park. Macomber 1962, 39years at Jeep , retired in 2001. I fish a lot of Lake Erie and the Irish Hills inland lakes for panfish.We use to get buckets of Ohio slabs years ago. We really have to work for them now.I know you know that our fish are not the size of southern panfish. Walleye fishing on the big lake is still hanging in there & perch are so so. Merry Christmas to you your fishing friends & family. Toledo Don.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tail chaser View Post
    It's a small world !!!
    Thank you Shipahoy. I probably delivered the Blade to your house or close to it. My paper route went to about City Park. Macomber 1962, 39years at Jeep , retired in 2001. I fish a lot of Lake Erie and the Irish Hills inland lakes for panfish.We use to get buckets of Ohio slabs years ago. We really have to work for them now.I know you know that our fish are not the size of southern panfish. Walleye fishing on the big lake is still hanging in there & perch are so so. Merry Christmas to you your fishing friends & family. Toledo Don.
    Hey Don,

I can remember when St. Benedict was still close to Macomber before they tore it down. I remember the "Macman" against "The Knights" of St. Francis H.S. one year at the Rubber Bowl for the City championship. I remember Scott always winning in basketball and track and I remember fishing the Maumee River at the end of Dorr. I am Scott H.S. 1963 then went to Tennessee state in Nashville.

If you delivered The Blade on Woodland, Palmwood and in those areas you were in my next of the woods. Down Woodland before you got to Ewing. You are right about the Dinks as far as fishing. You had to go to the Big Lake to get decent size Walleyes and Perch. I spent about 25 years in Toledo and 30 years in Akron retiring from being a school principal in 2000.

Been in the warm south since then. Merry Christmas to you and your family too.

Mike Carter
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Used to p/u in Maumee a lot with a previous company. Maumee River was shoulder to shoulder when the Walleye would go to the river to spawn in the spring. Looked like as much fun as a dove field. And I remember the cold, I think they import wind up there.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Same old Maumee Skeet
    Armpit to armpit every spring. Combat fishin' at it's finest.I haven't done the spring run in a couple years.To rough on the legs. It's a young man's game. I take my boat out later in the spring in the Maumee Bay area & do very well. Don