Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Getting Colder

Post Thanks / Like

Default Getting Colder

Anybody in the CNY area Ice Fish, My place to go is Oneida Lake. Have never targeted Crappies on the hard water, Anyone got places they go? I hear Big Bay is good for slabs but need to get there really early then the Pickerals come in, then forget it. Looking to maybe get to go up towards camp and see if I can find em. Ice Fishing Show at the Oncenter this weekend..Kind of small last year being the first year but it looks to be bigger and better with more vendors this year....

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to give it a try this year. I'm a bit of a fraidy-cat with ice, so I won't go on it until there's at least 5 or 6 inches of ice. I'm hoping to hit the little lakes out here in Cayuga County this year. Camofish lives about 3 hours away, and If I manage to swing getting a newer truck (one I feel comfortable driving that far in) this year, I'm hoping to get down his way to have him show me the ropes. He's a hard-core hardwater fisherman. He has an open invite over on the Upstate NY Fishing forum. I'm pretty sure he's hit the hard water on Oneida a couple times too. I don't know if he's active here at CDC anymore, but you could always stop over to UNYF and ping him.

I'm still in hunting mode right now. 3 more days to try to get a deer during regular season, then wait until the day after Christmas to get back after geese.