PDA

View Full Version : keith sutton

beagle man
12-09-2009, 04:06 PM
keith "catfish" sutton I have seen his name mentioned on here a few times, today my brother sent me a news story about a keith sutton fising on the white river in AR. and he had a encounter with a black bear. good story funny and scary at the same time, was wondering if anyone else heard the story and it it was the one mentioned on here, he is a crappie fisherman as well as cat.

DRPEPPER
12-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I met him once at a Crappie Camp. Jerry blake knows himfairly well.

Bears in Arkansas can sneek up on Ya. I have a "mad" spot I go to just to be out in the woods. A sow stood up on her hind quarters between me and my truck while there one time. We had a stare down before she left. Thinking a bear is about to whip your hiney will make you get over your mad.
DP

beagle man
12-10-2009, 10:16 AM
these three guys were floating down the white river and he got out to check on a possible bear sighting and got between the momma and young up a tree, it was in the arkansaw democrat. good story about a fishing trip that could have gone bad

CliffCrappie
12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
I recently re-read Keith Sutton's book on crappie fishing. Very informative and I picked up some more valuable information. I just borrowed it from the library.

Ralph

unknown 5
12-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I have a couple of his catfish books. Good reading and informative.

BigKyd
12-10-2009, 07:40 PM
he got out to check on a possible bear sighting

That's about as smart as when the hot blond runs UP stairs in the horror flics.

Darryl Morris
12-11-2009, 09:03 AM
Here's a link to Keith's blog. Lot's of good reading there -- Catfish Gumbo (http://catfishgumbo.blogspot.com/)

possumcop
12-12-2009, 08:57 AM
I've taken him fishing and he has written some articles about my fishing methods. He is a really nice guy. I will call him and get the low down about the bear.

beagle man
12-13-2009, 03:29 PM
thanks darryl and possum

Jerry Blake
12-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Keith is a great author and story teller. He's written several books and numerous articles on hunting, fishing and the Great Outdoors. You can purchase some of his books directly from his website - C & C Outdoor Productions Fishing & Hunting Books (http://www.catfishsutton.com/)

I take him fishing every chance I get just to listen to his stories. Well, that and he writes some really fine articles that send a lot of business my way. :)