Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Log in problems?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Log in problems?

Are any of you having problems with the auto log in on crappie.com? I have to manually log in on every visit to crappie.com now. I check the "remember me" box, but it doesn't remember me. I don't have that problem on the other forums I use. Not a big problem, but it is annoying.

Post Thanks / Like

at times sea-sons but most of the times not i usually keep signing in until it takes it and restart pc like you say its annoying
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, that's aggravating...the only way I got around it lately is when you get to the state forums save it in your favorites...that worked for me.
    "Stumphunter's Crappie Jigs" Prostaff

Post Thanks / Like

Me too Burdawd------------

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks burdawg. It worked.

Post Thanks / Like

I click the remember me then created a short cut on the computer, just click it and boom C.C

Post Thanks / Like

I spoke too soon. Not working now. Oh well....

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey Sea-sons ....

Quote Originally Posted by sea-sons View Post
    I spoke too soon. Not working now. Oh well....
    You aren't by chance removing the C.c cookie are you

If you clean your computer religiously, some programs will dump the cookies

Also, cleaning out the Autocomplete Form History will remove any log-in info from your computer. That's good, in that it keeps prying eyes from gaining access to your personal info ... but, unless you tag the C.c log-in info as something to ignore, it'll wipe that clean, too, and you'll have to go thru the log-in process every time you return.

You might want to PM Slab or Grizz or one of the other computer geeks :p on here ... give them a step by step account of what you're doing ... and maybe they can spot what it is that's causing the problem. I only know enough about computers, to be dangerous :D

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's a cookie problem because I am auto logged in on the other 3 or 4 forums that I use.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Could you possibly ...

Quote Originally Posted by sea-sons View Post
    I don't think it's a cookie problem because I am auto logged in on the other 3 or 4 forums that I use.
    ... be using FireFox, Spybot Search & Destroy, Ccleaner, or have your security settings tweaked to prevent cookie retention ?? Just guessing here, but ... since you did (temporarily) have the info saved to where you didn't have to log in manually ... it might be a setting on one of your programs, or on of your antivirus/antispyware/cookie removal programs may be deleting the log-in info.

There's been previous discussions about FireFox/Mozilla causing problems with this site .... Spybot is known to remove certain things that it perceives as a threat, that aren't ... Ccleaner can be set to remove cookies & auto log-in info, but can also be set to not do so.

Do you have the main page as your entry point to this site (ie Crappie.com - Crappie Fishing Information and Adventure) .... or do you have the forum list page as your entry point (ie Crappie.com - Crappie Fishing Information and More) ??
    I'm using IE, and Ccleaner (tweaked to save the site's URL & cookies) ... and stay logged on at all times (shortcut icon on screen + saved in "favorites") ... and I've not had to manually log in for years. I take that back ... I did have to manually log in a couple of times, after the computer was automatically shut down for automatically installed MS updates, though not "every" time new updates were installed.

... cp