Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question to those that have BnM poles

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question to those that have BnM poles

How do you like, say there 10' er..? they seemed to be fairly inexpensive, but are they stiff enough? might be changing brands soon......
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a B&M Monty, but I did buy one of those Quantum Meat Draggers and I think it is a great rod. A little pricey at $65 but well made and very durable. I priced them at Tightwad C store and they wanted $95 Rogers in Liberty sells them all day long at $59-$65. Would not hesitate to buy another

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by olesilverside View Post
    How do you like, say there 10' er..? they seemed to be fairly inexpensive, but are they stiff enough? might be changing brands soon......
    Won't that upset Edward?
    Monk

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 12 ftr. and the 2nd peice which slides onto the main rod frayed at the end.Also, have a Wally BPS 10 ft. tip broke fishing with Bob,has been repaired and like it's feel.However,after fishing with a few Ozark rods I will be asking for one for my B-Day.Whatta you think 10 or 11 ft. or does it matter?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a ten ft. Ultralite that I like really well, but you don't need to be hossin' anthing with it. I've also got some of the 11' jig poles that Oso is advertising(or was). They are a good pole with a little more backbone than the Ultralite. I wouldn't be too stressed if/when I catch a good cat on those 11'ers. I may not swing him in, but I think the pole could take the pressure on getting him to the net. I am also sold on BnM customer service. I have been treated more than fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks for the input

I will get Ed to change his last name...... I broke 2 in 2 months and always the top part.... I really like the rear seated rod.... just checking around for some opinions...... thank you........
    A FISH IN THE PAN IS WORTH TWO IN THE LAKE

Post Thanks / Like

I have an 11 footer that I like - I've never fished with any other long pole, so I can't really compare stiffness. Well, that sentence sounded a little off.....

With that said, I've got it hung on deep trees a number of times and been pretty hard on it and it has really held together.
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

I use a 12ft B&M and an 11ft Sam Heaton made by B&M and love them both. Mike has had the same B&M for 6 or 7 years. They are a tad heavier than the ones you use but have plenty of slab landing backbone. I have one you can borrow if you want to try one.
    2014 Crappie Masters Mark Twain Champion
    2 time CDC Truman Lake series points champion

Post Thanks / Like

i,ve got a 10ft. sam heaton that i,ve had for about 5 years and i really like it, caught several 2 and 3 # bass and horsed them in. i did break the top section about a year ago but tripped over getting out of the boat. replacement tips was 20dollars but also 10dollar shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 12' BnM trolling rod; haven't used it a lot but it seems to work fine. I'm just not used to the longer rods and have little trouble handling it. I also need to get better reel for it. Mostly I use 6'6" to 7' light and med light St. Croix's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast