Locator79
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Beware of the guy in the red boat!!

rocket rich
12-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Happens All The Time To All Of Us. If You Plant Structure

jmh58
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
This summer I was catching alot of small crappie frm the shore and 2 old guys were watching me in their boat. Well they pulled right into the middle of the spot and anchored. They started fishing. I got peeved until I realized they werent catching any fish!! I started casting right to their boat and caught fish after fish!! LOL!! They left fishless after about a half hour of this!! John

BigKyd
12-07-2009, 05:30 PM
Most people think those 3 ounce sinkers are for trolling but they are also good for casting when someone invades your fishing hole.

CrappieClint
12-07-2009, 06:21 PM
Funny stuff

fish21759
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM
I was fishing Shelbyville Lake a couple of winters ago and was catching some decent fish over a brush pile . I heard a boat coming towards me slow and he bumped my boat just so he could mark this on his GPS . I kept my mouth shut just figuring it was an accident and needless to say the fish stopped biting . I moved to another spot not to far from this one and started catching fish . Here comes the same boat again moving slow towards me . I stood up and grabed my fire extinguisher and told him I would hit him in the head with it if he came any closer . He told me I didn't own the lake . I said bump me again and find out . He ended up going the other way . I'll share my fishing spots with anyone and have offered people fishing around me to fish in the same place as me if there not catchining fish but don't come pushing your way in and expecting anyone to be nice . I have seen the same guy on the lake since then and he won't come close to me . Funny thing about it is if we were fishing the same area and I was catching and I could see he wasn't I would invite him over and let him fish next to me .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>

Nightprowler
12-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Classic...
Wearing a laverder rainsuit, you need a wop up side the head!

dedawg1149
12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
i think the guy in the other boat might shot a little lead back the other way

Chowan
12-07-2009, 09:17 PM
I was fishing Shelbyville Lake a couple of winters ago and was catching some decent fish over a brush pile . I heard a boat coming towards me slow and he bumped my boat just so he could mark this on his GPS . I kept my mouth shut just figuring it was an accident and needless to say the fish stopped biting . I moved to another spot not to far from this one and started catching fish . Here comes the same boat again moving slow towards me . I stood up and grabed my fire extinguisher and told him I would hit him in the head with it if he came any closer . He told me I didn't own the lake . I said bump me again and find out . He ended up going the other way . I'll share my fishing spots with anyone and have offered people fishing around me to fish in the same place as me if there not catchining fish but don't come pushing your way in and expecting anyone to be nice . I have seen the same guy on the lake since then and he won't come close to me . Funny thing about it is if we were fishing the same area and I was catching and I could see he wasn't I would invite him over and let him fish next to me .

See ya Kevin ><)))*>

think i would start casting that 3oz while they were about 100yrds away. i would nt let em get that close

fishingpox
12-07-2009, 09:21 PM
When I read the title, my response was, I was thinking, to put out yoyo's...;)

skeetbum
12-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Or do like some of the bass guys do. Let em get close and fire up the big motor and do a couple of circles around em, not saying a word. Last winter I showed someone how to fish a certain spot, even gave him a couple of the jigs I was using. His boat and gear was basic and I thought I was giving him a hand, like we're supposed to do. Go to fish there the next week and he's sitting in a 20' Triton with 2 other guys, one of them owning the boat. I just say hi and drive by him now. No, we don't own the lake, but a little courtesy doesn't hurt.

gatoloco
12-08-2009, 12:57 PM
I was fishing at my slip and one of the older gents came walking by and was just furious. I asked him what is wrong and he said there was a guy fishing on his slip. I asked did he leave when you came to the location and he said yes. Then what is the problem, he is taking advantage of all of my hardwork that I put into that slip. My reply was but dont you do the same and go fish other areas when you are here. He replied yes but that is different.

Moral of the story is we all do it whether we know it or not and as stated we do not own the lake. I agree that a little courtesy goes a long way and respect also come into play.

I have had several of my brush piles destroyed by folks and their anchors and it has taken me a while to say oh well. With this side imaging stuff coming out it does not matter nothing is safe not sacred and if it produces it will be marked on a GPS and folks will come back.

c1bigocarp
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
I keep a large Zara Spook on a casting rod for such top water action. I was left speechless this spring however and never got out the spook when a guy went between me and an bank in 1.5' of water and churning up the mud. I was so astonished and suprised that I forgot all about the spook. I am a really bad caster and if they are not tidy and leave rods laying in their boats they may get pulled into the water.:eek: I need casting lessons! The lake is public water put a little courtesy goes along way.

Papa Dawg
12-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Red boat and Yeller boat. Looks like a Bulldog versus a Yeller Jacket. Them techies ain't as smart as they think.

Outlaw1&2
12-08-2009, 06:05 PM
I just go to my other spot. :)

Chowan
12-08-2009, 08:53 PM
I just go to my other spot. :)

sissy

Countryboy N.C.
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Or do like some of the bass guys do. Let em get close and fire up the big motor and do a couple of circles around em, not saying a word. Last winter I showed someone how to fish a certain spot, even gave him a couple of the jigs I was using. His boat and gear was basic and I thought I was giving him a hand, like we're supposed to do. Go to fish there the next week and he's sitting in a 20' Triton with 2 other guys, one of them owning the boat. I just say hi and drive by him now. No, we don't own the lake, but a little courtesy doesn't hurt.

Yep. I done the same thing back in the summer, I was really catching them and this guy was watching me from over in a small cove, I didn't know he was there, I was on one of my honey holes, Took me a year to get it right. Well he finally came over and circled me and stopped, waited a few minutes then started talking, said he had not caught much alday, and wanted to know what I was doing. Well like a " dummy" I told him what I was using,. He talked a few more minutes then left. I didn't think much of it then, but the next 4 or 5 times I went fishing, he was right there on my brush, just jerking them up. I finally asked him one day, you really like that hole dont you? his reply was( with a Big smile) Yep it's the best hole I found over here on this lake. Well I learned my lesson then, All my so called buddies say I keep secrets, I wounder why? They love my holes but went it comes time to work on them, they dont have time to talk to me.

dedawg1149
12-08-2009, 10:39 PM
listen people share and share alike.please all fisherman need to get along ,you no that fishing is just like any thing else you get a-hole that try to ruin your day just ignore them and everything would get alot better unless you really want to go to jail for beating or shooting someone that is in your fishing hole

Outlaw1&2
12-09-2009, 09:34 AM
LOL not sissy chowan, just got a heap more than one spot, but don't get it wrong, if they get on top of me and I'm already there, trouble will come quick.

JohnnyLaw
12-09-2009, 09:54 AM
Beware of the guy in the red boat!!

Hmm,,,,I have a red boat, and a helluva casting arm too:D

chuckauten
12-09-2009, 10:09 AM
I was long lining this past spring on KY lake across the bay from Big Bear and two guys saw me catch two nice crappie, they immedately pulled in front of my direction of troll and dropped anchor. Then proceeded to talk to me as if it was a reuion. So I pulled my lines and motored around the spot like I was using my SI. They were crappie fishermen, most of the time this happens is during a bass tournament. I go mostly during the week, less traffic and idiots.

Chuck

fishinRod
12-09-2009, 10:23 AM
There was a property owner on my home lake that would get really P.O.'d when somebody would fish around his boat dock. He drove a big metal pipe into the ground at the edge of the water at his dock and when somebody would stop and start fishing he would run out here with a smaller pipe and start banging away until they left. He had a little yappin mutt that would go nuts and let him know when somebody was there. I understand he stayed very busy on weekends that had bass tournaments, in fact I heard some of the guys would make it a point to go there in succession so they could watch him wear his arm out.

Brush Buster
12-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Ok guys,, help me out here.

I have spent hours and hours on a certain creek on Wilson Lake. I have marked over 250 waypoints that i have found on my graph while spider rigging. Im not sure if the structure that im seeing is man made or natural. I read articals that suggest i should stay on creek ledges and look for structure and that is what i do. Obviously, that is also where people drop structure as well so im sure that i have marked somebody's stuff. I also have dropped over 60 tree combos into that creek but it was back in the early 90's and im sure sombody has took home a limit or two from them over the years. I guess what im saying is that i have paid my dues with the hours that i have spent on the water. However, i would never swoop in on someone that was on a spot i had markd or if i noticed that they were catching fish. I would more than likly not come in if you invited me. I just would not feel good about it.

beagle man
12-09-2009, 04:15 PM
it happens, but i thought the original meaning of the post was suppose to be humorous.

heck I laughed then read the rest of the answers and got depressed, every fishing spot i have was put there by some one or mother nature or me or who ever.

fish on

Brush Buster
12-09-2009, 05:13 PM
it happens, but i thought the original meaning of the post was suppose to be humorous.

heck I laughed then read the rest of the answers and got depressed, every fishing spot i have was put there by some one or mother nature or me or who ever.

fish on

You have a good point. It got more depressing as it went. I got in on the tail end of it.

BB