Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My brother Steve's World

Post Thanks / Like

Default My brother Steve's World

He had a buffalo farm with up to over 80 head. He was also the President of the Kansas Buffalo Association. Every year this assoc. has a sale in Salina KS. Up to a 1000 head have been sold at some of these auctions. Even the KWP had 3 bulls there. The assoc. volunteers help for this. Well, I and my brother Joe, filled(tried to) for him this last weekend. This was totalling amazing. There were about 300 head that had to be unloaded, sorted, penned and fed Friday. This can be very dangerous as they are wild animals with horns up to 1200lbs. Yes they get much bigger but those are left home for safety reasons. The next morning, every animal was checked for damage(broken horns, gouges) and treated. They have ear tags with numbers to ID them as to who brought them. As the sale starts, pen after pen of sorted buffalo are brought up the arena through a series of gates and alleys. Once again very dangerous as some kick at everything and butt with their horns. Took over 3 hrs to get them sold. Whew, glad that's over!! WHAT???? We gota sort and load them out to the buyers too? YEP!!! It was an experience I'm glad I done & met a lot of very fine people who have gave to get my brother back into this world he loves so much. Much like the members of CDC. Thank all of you for helping my brother Steve!!! <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

How is Steve progressing these days, Chatt? I sure hope he gets back to doing those things he loves. Keep us posted.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good experiance for you. I grew up on farms and in the sale barns. What you did was a lot of work that is never seen by most people behind the scenes that makes a sale a success. Glad you got to do it for your brother that makes it special. Hope all is well with your brother during the upcoming holidays.