Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: A crappie morning!

Post Thanks / Like

Default A crappie morning!

The weather was crappie this AM. and the crappie liked it. Me and Gduck set out in the rain this AM. Right at 1st light about 6:45 trolled about 20 mins. then found some nice crappie in a tight school kept circling back thru them , then we caught em casting jigs without bobbers . We caught em on tubes twisters and fin-s blue and chart. were the best colors. they were in 7ft. of water , temp was 51 which is 3 degrees warmer then last week. We got 23 crappie most of which were real nice 12'' avg. thick fish. Plus we got a pickeral , bluegill, and a y.perch. Fished till 9:30 went home to do some Christmas stuff with the wife. Was a good AM. Gduck also caught 4 nice crappie fri. night on the shore. All fish were released this week.

Post Thanks / Like

You fishing tidal water or a pond?

Post Thanks / Like

We were in a pond today. Only tidal fished once so far this year for crappie. As it gets colder we'll most likely do more river fishing. The pond were fishing in is big for a pond and has 8ft. of water so they may bite in there good during the winter, I hope cause they are really nice fish, lots of 12'' and up and its like 10 mins. from my house.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought maybe Gduck would of posted by now and talked about the big slab I helped him lose yesterday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    We were in a pond today.
    I thought so. We don't have any ponds on this (western) side.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, hopfully heres some pictures of our crappie morning we had on 12-5 saturday morning in the rain. The fishing was great and some really quality fish as tear-em up mentioned, we really are lucky to have the crappie fishing we have, we might not get the 3 pound monsters but there are few places that catch the numbers we do when things are on. hope all can enjoy the pictures, ive been figureing this one out for a whilef???
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    We were in a pond today.
    That background looks familiar. Kinda looks like that public pond that they made into a bass "trophy" lake about 15 years back.

Post Thanks / Like

What a difference in weather from last weeks pics. The fishing was better this week in the bad weather the eagle flying around us was cool too. Its definatly not a public trophy bass pond its off the beaten path. The other pond in last weeks pics. could be considered a trophy bass pond but it has an upscale development on it that we happened to know someone that lives there and he lets us on there.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the river fishing may be coming quick looks cold weather is coming after this rain.