Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks Coach Mangino

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Coach Mangino

Thanks for 8 years of memories. I will never forget the Orange Bowl or the spanking we gave the Huskers. The memories just come flooding in and now your are leaving. I think you're leaving because you had favorites and treated players very differently. You recruited each and every one of those men to play at Kansas and each and every one wore the same uniform. I wish you much sucess in the future. signed A Fan

Post Thanks / Like

At least from what I've read in the media, it looks like both sides are being pretty classy about the breakup. I'm sure Mangino will land on his feet. I'm sure there are plenty of schools looking for a fiery assistant coach that will get in a player's face, assuming he doesn't find a head coaching job...

I wonder who they will get to replace him. I hope it's Terry Allen.:D Just kidding.:p
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Well sweet Lou got what he wanted. Now the pressure is on him to hit a home run with the next coach. Even though he is gone you got to give it to him for where he has the program at now. Before he got here the Boarder war would have just been a spankin. Good luck Lou break out the pocket book.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Mangino did a helleva job. He got us 3 bowl wins in 8 years. Heck we had 3 bowl wins in the previous 101 years. We will never be a football school, but we are so much further ahead than we were before Lew got here. I do not agree with Lew on a lot of his tactics, but he has raised money and got us facilities to where we can compete with the Big 12 schools. It is on his shoulders now to get us a big time coach and take us to the level of winning the North consistently. I am not really sure what direction they shold take in going after a jobless coach like Tubberville or Fulmer or going after an coordinator or current smaller school HC, but he needs to get it right. If we stay at the bottom of the North for the next couple years Lew is gonna get run out of town.

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a fan of college football but no particular team. You are right on about what Mangino did for Kansas football. It may or may not be the right time for him to go but he for sure left his mark on their program.