Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappiepappy........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappiepappy........

My edit button is missing. Am I on "restriction"?:o

Some of my posts show the button, some do not.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Found this in the "FAQS" on this site:

"If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum."

Maybe a time limit to go back and edit is the cause?

Post Thanks / Like

I have never noticed a "time limit" before. I need to update a electrical drawing in the eletronics forum and I can't edit the post. This sucks.

Thanks for the heads up.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is the info on the Edit feature............You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied; it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-3 Fisherman View Post
    Here is the info on the Edit feature............You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied; it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.
    Crappiepappy usually does my editing.:rolleyes:

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom, what do you need to change? Denjd me a PM with the info and I'll try to do it for you.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I changed how the system works. You can edit your post for one hour. I think this is a better way to operate. You can always add a post to correct something, but editing posts way after it's been posted has had some negative impact. I've received complaints about not so nice posts, then the poster would change the post so that the issue could not be seen. No more "take backs" I guess. PM me if you want if you think this is a problem.
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Guys, I changed how the system works. You can edit your post for one hour. I think this is a better way to operate. You can always add a post to correct something, but editing posts way after it's been posted has had some negative impact. I've received complaints about not so nice posts, then the poster would change the post so that the issue could not be seen. No more "take backs" I guess. PM me if you want if you think this is a problem.
    No problem for me. I just knew something happened. I changed a reference drawing, and couldn't update it. I will add revision numbers to further drawings if/when I post any more.

Thanks for letting me know.

Tom

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slab View Post
    Ed, some of your "seasoned members" think in terms of days, not hours..Excluding Tom, Frank & myself...:D
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    Ed, some of your "seasoned members" think in terms of days, not hours..Excluding Tom, Frank & myself...:D
    I have 5 minute memory resets. I forgot what I said 6 minutes ago.:o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast