Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey KrappieKrazy I really like your "condo's"...here's some I'm working on

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey KrappieKrazy I really like your "condo's"...here's some I'm working on

unfortunetly at this time I have to buy all my pipe. In the photo I was experimenting with drilling holes and won't be doing it like the one's on the left. The style on the right is what i went with and I place only 3 at a spot. Mine are hopefully going to be fished during Pre and Post spawn as the RES I fish on has plenty of Spawning cover (although i am placing some out for that too). These are approx 5 feet tall and will be in about 10-12 feet of water. What do you think? I plan on making some like yours. What length is the pipe and what depth do you place them in?

Post Thanks / Like

Sac-a-lait, those are great looking attractors. Check with local plumbing companies to see if they have any scrap pipe. I cut my pipe 2ft. long. This make them easy to troll over. Still a good height to vertical jig. You have alot of money in your attractors. That is the way we started, but now have located pipe that is going to be thrown away. Keep looking and calling plumbers, electricans, ect. untill you find a supply. The attractors we build are put in depths from 8ft to 22ft deep. They work at any depth.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Sac-a-lait,
    Instead of drilling holes I go with the 4" corrugated drain pipe as the vertical rise of the structure. I get the one with the holes already in it. Then I push 1/2" PVC pipe through the holes. Its light and cheap.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright...In honor of KrappieCrazy (thanks for your advice too Deacon I'm going to buy the pre-drilled type if I do them in PVC) I have copied his idea using wood (imitation is the greatest form of flattery) but using a smaller container (holds about 1/2 bag of quickcrete) and using approx 9 BAMBOO shoots about 6 feet tall. How come I haven't seen any made of bamboo. I'm worried the PVC is not going to show up on the fish finder. The bamboo shows up great. KrappieKrazy you mentioned expense. With the style in the picture (PVC) the price was about $7.oo per sturcture. With bamboo, the only expense will be the cement. I'm gonna get the price down to about $2.oo per using the bamboo as the only thing that will cost any money is the half bag of cement. I made some tonight and will post a picture ASAP. They are sweet and from what I'm told the bamboo should attract fish almost overnight.

HERE'S THE PIC....
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 11-10-2005 at 03:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Bambo will work as good as pvc. We have started using pvc because it is hard to see on the depth finder. Don`t like making it easy for old lazy joe to find. Keeping the cost down is what we have to do. The cheaper they are the more we can build. The more you build, more you catch.

(Check your private messages).
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

did you just call me old lazy Joe?
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Hey is Wheeler up in North Alabama? I've heard of a Wheeler Wildlife Refuge up near huntsville.

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, that is the same one.
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Someone told me that Wheeler and that area around there have limited numbers of crappie due to stripers or some other kind of fishing eating all the small crappie...any truth to that? My mom lives in Huntsville and I will be up there for Thanksgiving. Wanna swap a fishing trip?

Ranger520SVX Guest

I know there is some weight w/ the sackcrete but do the structures fall over?

Your patch is great. Good Fishing <')))><

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast