Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand Warmer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hand Warmer

I am thinking of getting a hand warmer for those cold mornings. I can usually stay pretty warm except for my fingers. I just can't fish with gloves on. I just purchased a muff type hand warmer like the pro quarter backs use, and think I will buy either a Jon-e or Zippo warmer that requires lighter fluid. Any one have any comments or expierence with either of these. I know the old zippo lighter was the crown royal of lighters!

Post Thanks / Like

We have some mittons that have openings for your fingers when needed. They hold those hand warmer packets like Wal Mart sells. At the end of the year they are matked down so you can stock up. We use them during hunting season also.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Jon-E warmer for many years and it served me reliably. However, todays disposable hand warmers IMO are the way to go.

Gman
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jon e

I bought several of the Jon e warmers the past frew years and they are junk.

The element doesn't fit the top of the fluid storage space very well and falls off just walking across the ice. Then you reach into your pocket and find out it cold and not working at all.
    My dad had one when I was growing up and the thing was great. Never had a problem. The the new are Chinese junk-poorly fabricated with thin metal that don't fit together properly.
    If the element doesn't stay on top of the fluid reservoir, it's not going to work.

I now use the ones that use the small charcoal stick. Lite the stick, get it glowing on the end, snap it close, rubber band it and you're good to go for a day on the ice.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down I don't think I like ...

.... the idea of having anything with lighter fluid soaked cotton in it .. in my pocket. I had several cigarette lighters leak, while carrying them in my pocket ... put a serious whoopin on the inside of my thigh, a couple of times, and I ain't carried that kind of lighter, since !! :p And, NO ... these were not el-cheapo lighters ... they were Zippo's :p

About the only thing I've ever used, in the way of a handwarmer ... was one of those solid stick handwarmer devices. The ones with the silver colored solid stick, that you lit, then stuck into a metal clam shell carrier .. then placed that into a pull string bag & put it in your pocket. It worked very well, what few times I used it. I may even still have it :p ... socked away in the bottom of one of my junk drawers. May have to dig around and see if I can find it, get me some "sticks" for it, and take it along on my rabbit hunting trips. Seems like the only times I get to go rabbit hunting ... the high temps for the day are around the 20deg range :D

If I don't still have it, I may consider this : Solid Fuel Pocket Handwarmers, 23225 | Warmers | Personal Care | GEAR | items from Campmor.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dmac View Post
    I am thinking of getting a hand warmer for those cold mornings. I can usually stay pretty warm except for my fingers. I just can't fish with gloves on. I just purchased a muff type hand warmer like the pro quarter backs use, and think I will buy either a Jon-e or Zippo warmer that requires lighter fluid. Any one have any comments or expierence with either of these. I know the old zippo lighter was the crown royal of lighters!

I use the disposable hand warmers in my muff.
    Scott Echols
    Hi-Tek Stuff
    Crazy Angler Tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I got one of the zippo hand warmers for Christmas last year. It doesn't work too well. My father has the same opinion about his. The disposable ones work best for us.

Post Thanks / Like

.... the idea of having anything with lighter fluid soaked cotton in it .. in my pocket. I had several cigarette lighters leak, while carrying them in my pocket ... put a serious whoopin on the inside of my thigh, a couple of times, and I ain't carried that kind of lighter, since !! And, NO ... these were not el-cheapo lighters ... they were Zippo's

I agree 100% the disposable work great and no worries

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by callshy View Post
    I use the disposable hand warmers in my muff.
    You have a muff? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

IM going to leave that one alone
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast