Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: electronics upgrade

Post Thanks / Like

Default electronics upgrade

im thinking of upgrading to gps, any better than others? lowrance/eagle. humminbird. garmin..... any suggestions will be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Meals on Reels View Post
    im thinking of upgrading to gps, any better than others? lowrance/eagle. humminbird. garmin..... any suggestions will be appreciated
    I'm in the same boat. I'm looking to upgrade to one of they side imaging units next year. The best advice I got is to Google it for reviews, go to Bass Pro and play with them, and get the guys on here to give you their two cents. You can search the CDC for the topic. There are a lot of posts.

On side note, I LOVE THE SCREEN NAME!
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

i have my eye on the Eagle 642 color with internal gps. looks to be a good unit...

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always ran Lowrance and have little to know trouble with them. Just switched to the HDS 5 with Lake Insight mapping built in to the unit. Love it so far but only had it out a few times. It is upgradable to the new structure scan. It all depends on what your price range is. Eagle has a 640 series for less than $500 with GPS. Everybody will have an opinion on what is best. I like the Lowrance but have not ran anything but them. You are more than welcome to ride along with me and check mine out. I also have a 332C with GPS that I have for a spare.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 522c on my console. I use it for gps only....rarely is the sonar on. I love the unit. However, I am not happy with Lowrance's customer service.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.