Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smithville 11/28

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smithville 11/28

There really isn't much to report for today. Every spot on the map, except for the Little Platte bursh pile and boat docks, didn't have any keeper sized fish. Everyone I've talked to were catching dinks or none at all.

One interesting thing to report. I fished the very back of Sailboat Cove in about 3 feet of water and was laying into white bass. I don't fish for these guys or know how to fish for them, but found it kinda funny to find them way back in a cove like that. For a day that I got skunked on crappie, it was kinda fun catching these scrappers.

Anyway, that's it for for now. Thinking about trying another lake tomorrow till Smithville gets back to normal.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

Post Thanks / Like

good report

Post Thanks / Like

They cranked it open again...wonder how that affects the bite?

Post Thanks / Like

good day to be on the water, wish you would have slayed them, well every trip is either catch or learn,

by the way what map is that. is it off the sonar unit. or off the computer? just noisey thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    good day to be on the water, wish you would have slayed them, well every trip is either catch or learn,

by the way what map is that. is it off the sonar unit. or off the computer? just noisey thanks
    Lateley each of my fishing trips to Smithville has been learning experices. But, you are correct about learning. Every time I'm out and don't catch the little buggers, it forces me to try a new fishing technique or try a new fishing place.

I got the map from a local bait store called Burton's. If you buy a map from him he will mark all the brush piles on the lake for you each year when they put them out. I scanned the map into the computer in a PDF format. I then use the formatting tools to mark the map up, convert and save it in a JPG format, and shrink the file size down so that I can attach it to my posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apkape View Post
    I got the map from a local bait store called Burton's. If you buy a map from him he will mark all the brush piles on the lake for you each year when they put them out.
    Gary Burton is good people. Always got a smile for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Took my daughter up yesterday afternoon for a bit - fished off the rocks at Camp Branch.. Caught quite a few that were between 8 and 9 - had 4 keepers - biggest at 11". She had a blast catching a couple nice black bass. Everyone at the docks were catching dinks with a keeper here and there.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful afternoon on Smithville (Sat)...Sonar not working (Think I must have snagged a wire where the rod box joins the front wiring area)... No way to locate brus piles so I fished the bluffs along the south side of Crows Creek and the Unnamed Cove one the west side of the lake just south of "W." Saw a big flock of wild turkeys on a hillside on Crows Creek and caught a glimpse of Alex's killer swan patroling the main lake bank. Crappie? Are there crappie in the lake? Couldn't prove it by me. Not yesterday anyway. No one seems to be catching more than an occasional fish. Perhaps we need to meet, eat, drink and commiserate.... (Here comes the plug)... Northland Beer and Burger (see thread) this Thursday, 7:30 (or therabouts) at Paddy O'Quigleys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShortStorie View Post
    Beautiful afternoon on Smithville (Sat)...Sonar not working (Think I must have snagged a wire where the rod box joins the front wiring area)... No way to locate brus piles so I fished the bluffs along the south side of Crows Creek and the Unnamed Cove one the west side of the lake just south of "W." Saw a big flock of wild turkeys on a hillside on Crows Creek and caught a glimpse of Alex's killer swan patroling the main lake bank. Crappie? Are there crappie in the lake? Couldn't prove it by me. Not yesterday anyway. No one seems to be catching more than an occasional fish. Perhaps we need to meet, eat, drink and commiserate.... (Here comes the plug)... Northland Beer and Burger (see thread) this Thursday, 7:30 (or therabouts) at Paddy O'Quigleys.
    Call me paranoid, but I think that swan was eyein’ me yesterday. :D

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report. Does the air temp have anything to do with the fish moving to the shallow water reeds?
    Mike S - Stayput Shallow Water Anchor Systems - http://Power-Pole.Stay-Put-Fishing.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast