Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Wappapello Hog Hunting

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Wappapello Hog Hunting

I have heard that there are some hogs aroung the lake. Is there really a huntable amount of hogs around the lake? I have always wanted to kill one with my bow, but dont want to waste the time if there are not that many around. Have any of you guys hunted them?

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Speck is offline MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

All of the bait shops around the lake have plenty of pics of folks with wild hogs. Might be a good place to inquire. Try the one near Redman on the West side of the dam or the one going toward Chonia. Lots of pics maybe some good info.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have some friends in Missouri and they have killed a bunch of hoggs but they walk a many miles to find them. they hunt down KK hwy most of the time which is heading toward Chonia. Alot of state ground there to hunt

Post Thanks / Like

Contact Eric Lemmons w/ COE. He might put you on some.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Talltimber I notice your location is Aquilla I worked for 12 years at that little factory in aquilla. I haven't been by it in along time they say it has grown. And I used to fish Henlly lake and catch some nice crappie there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by talltimber View Post
    Contact Eric Lemmons w/ COE. He might put you on some.
    I know of some guys that were having some luck with them around Wappappello, but don't know if they're still huntin em (I think they might have been running them with dogs). They said the local game wardens were very helpful getting you pointed in the right direction, don't know if Lemmons is the same one they talked to or not. I'll try to get in touch with them and shoot a PM your way if I can find any info to help you.

Post Thanks / Like

Dave, I sent you a pm a while back. Did you get it? If you are who I think, then we have met, and talked on the phone several times.

I live real close to the Kitty Litter plant. I don't know how long ago it was that you worked there, but yes, it has grown quite a bit in the last ten years.

Post Thanks / Like

Talltimber I think your right I know we met last year with knowing the same friends and have spoke alittle on were each other is catching fish