Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bartlett 11-25

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bartlett 11-25

Well, I got to get out yesterday in exchange for staying home tomorrow while my wife hits the insane shopping frenzy with my oldest.

We got to Bartlett Lake at about 1:30 pm and headed for the Yellow Cliffs area. Trolled along there for a few hours. Finally hooked a Crappie on a BB&C with a pink jighead. I am reeling in and grab the net only to get the fish right to the edge of it when suddenly I see my pink jighead going the wrong way. For a moment I couldn't figure out what was going on until it sank in that my hook had come off. I had snagged up a few times before this and forgot to check that my hook was still secure. Whoops!
    Anyways, that was the only crappie we caught while trolling. I had two poles out and my buddy had 2. We were both double hooked about 18-36" apart. I used a BB&C with a pink jig on the bottom and a JDG on a Jumping cholla jighead higher up. The other pole had a jig higher (I forget now what it was...) and a Micro Spoon on the bottom. Everything was tipped with white crappie nibbles. Earlier I had trolled with a Bandit 300 series Bluegill crank and got nothing. My bud was tipping with green crappie nibbles. I did manage to catch my biggest bass ever on the pink jighead while trolling. Not a monster but nice for me. My buddy caught a smaller bass too.
    Later we set out two fluorescent green lights and dropped anchor. After about two hours the baitfish came in and I finally caught another crappie on the same rig as the bass. I was super excited since this was my first time night fishing but that was the end of it. At about 10pm we headed in.
    I have some questions about night fishing but I will make a different thread for that. Water temp was 60.8 and there was almost no wind. It was a beautiful evening! Here's a couple of lake shots and a pic of my bass.

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pics.And a nice "green Carp",lol.You just have to find the right spot for the night bite,and use minnows and you will have so many that you can eat for a week,lol.Sounds like you are figureing them out.Soon,you will be mad if you don't catch 20 of the good guys,Good job,good post.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks man. I had just posted a thread with questions about fishing at night. This was my third time targeting crappie and I haven't been skunked yet so I got that going for me LOL!