Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie

Post Thanks / Like

Default newbie

Hello everyone new to Michigan here, i'm looking for some good crappie spots around the Grand Haven/ Muskegon area

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie_mad_man
    Hello everyone new to Michigan here, i'm looking for some good crappie spots around the Grand Haven/ Muskegon area

Hey crappie mad man...good to have you here. Hope you don't get too lonely on the Michigan board. I asked a question here a few months ago and after a few weeks of absolutley zero replys a fella from South Carolina finally answered my question...seems he has family near the lake I was curious about...but my point being,,these Michigan folks won't be much company for you...best go to the main board,,,much friendlier there.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Kenny i see that, they all must be out fishing or stuck up well anyways thanks for your reply i guess we'll have to go searching for ourselves

Post Thanks / Like

Man I dont know whats up with the board here in Michigan. The north carolina and south carolina and virginia boards are a lot of help to me there and a great bunch of guys and gals that help each othere out all the time. Are there any crappie in Michigan? I know there are some bass and pike.

Kenny did you ever go up there to Fletchers for that fishing trip and if so how did ya do?

YOu 2 should come to this board and share your ideas and you may be surprised how it catches on. If others see that there is something happeniing here they will join in. I go to Michigan a fair amount myself and would appreciate some help up there finding some crappie. Do you catch them through the ice in the winter? Where and how? I will be up over the Christmas holidays and would appreciate any help around the Alpena area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishCrazy
    Man I dont know whats up with the board here in Michigan. The north carolina and south carolina and virginia boards are a lot of help to me there and a great bunch of guys and gals that help each othere out all the time. Are there any crappie in Michigan? I know there are some bass and pike.

Kenny did you ever go up there to Fletchers for that fishing trip and if so how did ya do?

YOu 2 should come to this board and share your ideas and you may be surprised how it catches on. If others see that there is something happeniing here they will join in. I go to Michigan a fair amount myself and would appreciate some help up there finding some crappie. Do you catch them through the ice in the winter? Where and how? I will be up over the Christmas holidays and would appreciate any help around the Alpena area.

Hey FishCrazy...no..I haven't been to Fletchers Pond yet. I was considering it for next summer. We went to the Chippewa Flowage in Wisconsin this summer and had a great time. We take 3 or 4 fishing vacations every year. This year we went to Norfork in Arkansas in April and did really well...Wisconsin in July and did ok and Mark Twain in Missouri in October and caught limits but they were on the small side..plus our local fishing here in Illinois most free weekends. As far as ice fishing I just can't seem to get into it....I hunt a lot during the winter...I feed my Lab all year long just so he can earn his keep every winter. I might enjoy ice fishing more tho if I did better..LOL..take care.

Post Thanks / Like

Default tryed

hey want crappie last night didn't catch any but caught a bream and 2 blues oh well all is good as long as your out trying instead of sstuck inside wacthing the tube about fishing LOL :p

Post Thanks / Like

Well about the number of Michigan crappie fisherman. That number has just rose one more notch.
    Hi guys, I'll be looking forword to visiting with you all.
    I just joined the forum.
    Lakewood Club, and I fish Muskegon and White lakes. Mostly for perch and walleye but I want to start doing alot more spec fishing.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

i found cranberry lake a good lake for specks catch a whole slew of em, they run small 6-8 inchers but they sure bite good will be going back soon

Post Thanks / Like

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It's about time Mich. board got a hit.

If anyone gets on Muskegon or White Lake this spring and find some specks, let me know and I'll do the same.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

welcome from Georgia
    get d net <*((((((>{ PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast