Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I would like advice on terrova

Post Thanks / Like

Default I would like advice on terrova

I have had a terrova for couple years,and no problems, told you that to tell you this, last 3 trips it fizzles out after 4 hrs. now I use it almost all the time I am fishing, I slow troll almost all the time, and it just seems to quit, usually run it on 2 or 2.5 batteries are new. well 1 year old, on board charger is two years old, and seems to be working, put the VOM on it and it tested 13.8 on all three banks, checked the batteries and they check 13 to 13.5 also, cleaned,re tightened all connectors, no corrosion,no loose connectors, now having said all that, is it possible to have a heat sensior in the terrova that shuts it down.or limits the voltage. any one have any experience like mine, thanks in advance. lost the book and nothing on the web site I could find, ????

Post Thanks / Like

having the same trouble. keep buying bigger batteries. there must be somthing to what your saying
    honey.'':o the weather is to bad to work in the yard so I think I'll go fishing''

Post Thanks / Like

Try load-testing your batteries. They can show full voltage with a VOM, and still be weak.

Post Thanks / Like

yea paw paw got to be something besides the batteries. thanks rockmike did that, they tested out ok,

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

sane thing here put in new batt. no problem
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

What is the Reserve Capacity (RC) of the batteries? That's the key thing in determining how long they will last.

If you fish often and use the batteries hard when you fish, you could fairly easily use up a set in a year, and a load test probably won't show any problem. The RC of a battery becomes smaller with every discharge/charge cycle.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, these batteries are from auto zone, and are suppose to be the best,

WELL TODAY I GOT 7HRS OUT OF THEM CONSTANT USE ALSO. SEEMS LIKE THE PROBLEM WAS IN THE ROLLER SWITHC, IT WAS DIRTY,OR SOMETHING, IT WOULDNT WORK AT ALL THIS AM, MAN WAS I TICKED, BUT I SAT AT THE DOCK AND THOUGHT. PUSHED THE SWITHC COUPLE TIMES AND IT FELT ROUGH, SO I WORKED IT BACK AND FORTH SEVERAL TIMES, AND ALL TURNED OUT FINE, WORKED ALL DAY WITH NO PROBLEMS, LATER ALL,
    SOMETIMES IT IS SIMPLE. DONT OVER THINK IT

azslabber is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad that you got your problem solved without buying any unnessary things.
    Last edited by azslabber; 11-28-2009 at 07:58 PM.
    "Garden Hackler"lol

Post Thanks / Like

thanks slabber, now got to take it apart and clean the whole thing.