Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New depthfinder

Post Thanks / Like

Default New depthfinder

I am looking to replace my older hummingbird on the console.
    It has served me well and was an inexpensive unit when I bought it several years ago.
    I have viewed some of the units in the BP Christmas catalogue. Several in the under $150. range sound OK.
    Would like to have some input on experiences with units in the 75-150 price
    range.
    I mostly fish shallow lakes in FL.
    Thanks for any info.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

You didn't say what your humminbird unti was, but assume it is a low price unit.

All three of the major manufactures of sonar gear improve their products every year. I personally have been and 'Eagle/Lowrance fan, but now I've switched to a Garmin 240 which can communicate with my handheld GPS.

I had Eagle Tri-finder 2 on the front and Eagle Ultra Classic on the console. I like both units but can not have them both on at the same time because of interference from the Ultra Classic causing the Tri-Finder to read erronous depths.

If you do a search on this discussion board for 'Depth finder" you'll probably find a lot of different opinions. It all boils down to what you want the unit to do for you. Keep an eye on the swap topic on this board sometimes can pick up a unit tha somebody has upgraded to say a color unit.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville