Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Came up empty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Came up empty

Well, I got my boat out for the first time since I bought it. Took it to Truman today and had no luck. I am planning on going back out this Saturday not real sure where I am going to go though. Anyone know where the fish are hitting and what on?

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the first voyage in your boat came up empty handed. I have not fished much in the last couple weeks but from the reports 15 to 25 ft of water and fishing 10 ft down with jigs has been the best. Not sure if I will be out Sat. or not. But there may be some others on here you could hook up with and get you headed in the right direction.

Post Thanks / Like

I will bet good money on the fish biting on the flat north of bucksaw marina, dip a tree or two, slow troll a black/chartruse jig or big ole minnow 30 ft out from the bank and ease towards the little cove and then back again, yep I bet that would work, and I havent fished truman for awhile, try it

Post Thanks / Like

Little devils can be contrary sometimes......Stay after em'
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Post Thanks / Like

Better days coming for you in your new boat! Stay after them.

Post Thanks / Like

THAT'S NO FUN! no I'm sure it was, better luck next time.
    Stay tuned to the reports here until you head out again, soon you will be posting your 9lb best 7 !!
    http://www.facebook.com/quinn.noldner

Post Thanks / Like

Try the flats around Jackson Branch. I would also fish the cedars and hedge trees off the left side of the channel above Jackson. Look for 12 to 25 fow and fish 10' down with black/char, red/char, blue/wht, or wht/char jigs on 1/16 or 1/8 oz orange or char jigheads. Good luck. Be sure to let us know how you do.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked for you yesterday at Bucksaw but never seen another boat all day. The best bite is up river. I would go above U bridge. You can put in at Bucksaw or Sparrowfoot. We fished flats creeks bluffs yesterday & the flats & creeks were the best. No fish on the bluffs for us. We fished all types of trees & caught fish on all the trees. I would use Blk/chart if cloudy or blue/white if sun is out. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I was back off the water by noon yesterday just jiggin. My buddy ending up canceling on me so I got up there earlier than expected. I plan on giving it another shot on saturday though.