Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Glass or clear minnow traps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Glass or clear minnow traps

Just curious if anyone knows where you can purchase Glass or clear plastic minnow traps. Don't mind paying shipping. I know that someones gotta sell them but Ill be darned if I can findem anywhere. Saw a guy using them at the river today on a sandy bank. He absolutely loaded up. He stayed about 3 hours and had about 400 shiners that were perfect for crappie fishin. Saids every fall he comes down for a day and get 4-5 hundred of them and keeps them all winter for his crappie fishin needs. It was cool watching him do it.

Post Thanks / Like

WALLY MARSHALL PRO STAFF
    CATCHIN' CRAPPIE GUIDE SERVICE
    CREEKS ROD TRANSPORT RACK
    870-307-2572

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieCrazed View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows where you can purchase Glass or clear plastic minnow traps. Don't mind paying shipping. I know that someones gotta sell them but Ill be darned if I can findem anywhere. Saw a guy using them at the river today on a sandy bank. He absolutely loaded up. He stayed about 3 hours and had about 400 shiners that were perfect for crappie fishin. Saids every fall he comes down for a day and get 4-5 hundred of them and keeps them all winter for his crappie fishin needs. It was cool watching him do it.
    That guy was lucky! I mean he could catch and keep 4 or 5 hundred minnows or shiners at a time:-)

(Here in the province of Ontario, per fishing regulations or law, one is only allowed to keep at any time no more than 10 dozens or 120 minnows/shiners, regardless they are bought from a store or caught himself from a river/lake or whatever public water!)

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw your post in another thread. What part of the river were you guys at?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kycreekboy View Post
    I saw your post in another thread. What part of the river were you guys at?
    He was about 3-400 yards downstream from the mouth of eagle creek. Said that they can be caught on any sandy or gravely bank in the fall. funny he saids that because When I fish the sandy banks on the ohio side of the meldahl dam When I fish for skipjacks. Thats what the skippies are in there smashin is the river shiners. Anyways, I fish crappie fish atleast a couple days a week and to be honest its not the money for the minnows but it is the point that I gotta go gettem about once a week and that gets old. Just stopped at the guys house that trapped them. He wasnt home but I was hopin to ask him how he keeps them all winter. bubblers, filters what.