Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TroutZILLA!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking TroutZILLA!

I thought you guys who trout fish might enjoy seeing this pic.:D Looks like KDWP is really stocking some heifers this season! It is my biggest trout to date. 24" long. It came from Willow lake yesterday morning, pretty close to the bank. I didn't have a net and I was using ultralight line so I had to bare-hand it when I got it up to the bank. One heckuva battle for sure!:D

The smallest one was gut-hooked or it would have gone back. The other three are the typical size that are stocked in Willow lake. I would guesstimate the weight of the trout is around 5#, although my scale is at Wabaunsee so I can't say for absolutely sure. Also, one of the trout was full of eggs. They were well-defined and quite large. Never seen that before in a put-and-take trout...
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Fish Taxi; 11-25-2009 at 01:00 AM.
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Willow Lake, do not believe I have ever heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Meeder View Post
    Where is Willow Lake, do not believe I have ever heard of it.
    It is below Tuttle Creek. You drive through the River Pond State Park to get there. They put it in a couple years ago. Last year they put in some nice docks and rock jetties. I love to stop there on my way home from work. I think it's well worth the price of a trout stamp. My fishing buddies and I have caught lots of trout up to 19" in the past, but nothing like the one I caught the other day.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Taxi View Post
    It is below Tuttle Creek. You drive through the River Pond State Park to get there. They put it in a couple years ago. Last year they put in some nice docks and rock jetties. I love to stop there on my way home from work. I think it's well worth the price of a trout stamp. My fishing buddies and I have caught lots of trout up to 19" in the past, but nothing like the one I caught the other day.:D
    nice rainbow
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

A dandy for sure! Good eatin too...wrap in foil with your favorite seasonings slice of lemon, dollop of butter and GRILL.
    "Never Fry Bacon Naked"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. It was totally luck. I wish I could claim there was some sort of skill involved, but... Yeah, it was pure luck of the draw.:D

Lip Ripper, that's my favorite way to cook 'em too! Dang, they are tasty that way! Every once in a while, I persuade my neighbor to smoke some. They are unbelievable smoked! I don't have my own smoker, so I have to rely on the kindness of others.

Is anybody else out there trout fishing? Post some pics! The off topic forum is getting to be like a ghost town!

Post Thanks / Like

do the trout die off every summer in that lake? I would guess not judging by the size of that one. and do you know if the stocked trout will strike a fly?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the trout are expected to die off during the summer in most the areas they are stocked. The only place where they are expected to survive the summer is Mined land Area in the South East part of the state. Stocked trout will take a fly. I have caught them on flies at Kanopolis and at Moon Lake on Ft. Riley.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice fish. Caught on what? Fly rod? They will take about anythig. Love flyfish for trout on my way home from work in the winter. Never heard of willow lake either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast