Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: how long to wait?

Post Thanks / Like

Default how long to wait?

I put out several pvc beds(in Lake Moutrie) and I'm wanting to know about how long should I wait before fishing it. Also is it alright to add more to the bed as the winter months go by.

Post Thanks / Like

I put some PVC condos out one weekend and fished them the next and caught fish off of them. Put some more out after I got done fishing in the same area and fished them the next day and caught a few then to. I'll be putting more out this weekend in other areas andfish the prvious placements too. I really don't think the fish know when they were put out. They travel back and forth from the deep holes 25-28 ft to 18-20ft where I fish. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

How long do you wait?????? Good question. I put my winter condos out in summer. Spring condos in the winter. I have caught fish the next day before, but usually don`t fish my attractors for 2 or 3 months. The ones I put out for tournaments are only fished once a year. I install two kinds of attractors. One is for fishing. They are placed where you would think if looking at a map for the first time. Tournament condos, that is a different story. The main thing is to have enough out. You need some for spring, summer, & winter fishing. Don`t forget the WIND! Have some placed to get out of the wind (this means you have to install alot of attractors). This is just the way I do it.
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

I think the comments the guys made are right on. I'm no expert but i fish at
    Stockton Lake in Mo. and the wind is usually really tough, nothing to tie
    up to and you really have to play the wind. When I put out plastic, one of the
    main considerations is am i going to fish it day or night and if day, what is
    the wind going to do to my fishing.
    chef

Post Thanks / Like

Chef, I camp/fish at Stockton a couple times a year. We are going down for a full week in spring, so it would be nice for you to give me the map coordinates of all your attractors so that I can increase my catching ability while on vacation.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know a couple of weeks before you are planning on coming down and I will
    show you where my stuff is. I nightstalk in deeper water, may not
    be what you want in spring unless you nightstalk, or they are still in deeper water,
    during the day. i'll try and fix a few places in shallow water, was going to do it
    any way. i have fixed several at tablerock for friends in the past.I get a kick out of people catching fish out of my attractors. I put out at State Park Marina, and usually fish towards cedar ridge, but with gas so high i'm making some spots closer to the marina to try and save gas. the toon goes through it pretty good.

best regards
    chef

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds great. I will get in touch when I make the reservations. Do you have a gps by chance?

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one but don't know how to use it. i'm gonna try to figure it out this spring,
    my grandson is going to give me a training session.
    chef