Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sonar question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonar question

So Im about to replace a stolen Humminbird 565 which I abosolutely loved, my question is to those who have either/or.... I can't decide between Eagle FishMark 480 or Humminbird 565. Im not looking for GPS or color, just a good sonar in that price range. Also looked at the Lowrance X125 Cabelas has on sale.....decisions decisions. Anybody tell me the good and bad about any of these units....thus far I loved the 565 and it did everything I wanted...but just not sure if Im missing out with the FishMarks I read so much about as well.

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 565 and if it was stolen or broke, I would go with a FishMark480. I have been looking at those, and like them. I like the option of the mapping software available for them. But that is my two cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two fishmark 480s on my boat. I have been quite happy with their performance.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Poppop I haven't seen the mapping software for them? I havent ready anything about it anyway and can't find anything? Probably just not looking at the right place. I have a handheld GPS I use to mark my stuff anyway that also has lake maps on it. I use it for a variety of things, but glad it's hand held incase I want to take it on somebody elses boat, that's why GPS/mapping isn't that important to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 480 and love it. It took a while to get it set up (manuel mode) but now that I have gotten comfortable with using it. for the price you cannot beat it.

you will be happy

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

If you liked the 565, replace it with a 575 (if you can still find one) and enjoy the quad beam transducer. Broader bottom coverage and shows which side of the boat the fish or structure are.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Heck the 565 has dual beam and I still cant remember what side is what lol

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If you LOVED the 565 then I'd suggest going back to the 565. I own a 480 and have full confidence in what the screen is showing me. I think anybody would get used to their own units, whatever they are, and feel the same way if they use them regularly. Personally I like Eagle/Lowrance units better than 'Birds (own all three) but some people like the 'Birds better.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

was a bird fan till I tried lowrance,now I really like the lowrance have the hds5x on the front and a hds7 on the console, man what a picture, good luck on which ever choice you make

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Treed, this might stir some folks up but it's just my opinion. I have a 565 on the front of my boat, and a Lowrance LMS 527DF on the console. Tax time I will sell my bird and put a Lowrance 125 or 135 up front. Bird has 800 watts and the Lowrance's have 2400 and 4000 respectively. I like the better picture that the Lowrance gives, and once you go thru a short learning curve you'll see lots more on it. Birds a good unit, but at $200 for it and $300 for the 125, I'm spending the extra $. Good luck finding what you want, and sorry to hear about the rip off.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast