Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Do u Use

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Do u Use

Guys I need a little advise I have been fishing a pier with crappie stacked all under it with shad by the thousands.My question is when there is that many shad for them to eat what do u use to catch crappie that are not feeding.
    James & April Linderman

Vicious Tournament Team Members
    Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

A DIP NET!!! :D:D:D Sorry, James... I couldn't resist that. In a situation like that, I think the key is trying something that will really draw their attention (loud and flashy). Might try shooting something along the lines of a small, brightly colored spinner bait under and around the dock. I like the Strike King Mini Kings.

Keep us posted and let us know how it turns out.

George

Post Thanks / Like

LOL where is this pier located at Mr. James? Get Lazer Doc to tie you up some long tail jigs to shoot under there.

Post Thanks / Like

James i,ve had pretty good luck with the bobby garland gumdrop,pearl white,blue ice,& fin-s shad with i 1/32 jig head. Sometimes you may have to switch colors on the jighead most times i use blood red just shoot under or close to desired dock/boathouse let it fall most times they take it on the fall when you feel that first little tick set the hook that second one means he/she just spit your jig out.(lol):D Good luck & happy fishing.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for your input I'm going to try everything in the tackle box this week went Sunday morning and caught 6 and 4 of them where over 2 lbs about 30 Min's after day light they just stooped biting.I know there under the pier you can see them with a camera looks to be hundreds under there would be a nice place to catch 7 during a tournament just have to figure out what they wont after it gets day light.
    Looks like I will have to try all my jigs and spoons from laser doc I have every color he makes there good jigs I will let you know how i do next week when I get back.
    As far as location I will tell you its in rose berry creek and its not a boat house and you can fish it from the public access road and its open from 4am to 10 pm you guys that fish from the bank should know where I'm talking about.Good fishing and everyone be safe this Thanksgiving.
    James & April Linderman

Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

See if you can net some of the shad and if so fish them close to the bottom under the depth of the shad.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks never thought of that will give it a try
    James & April Linderman

Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

if you cant get shad just do the same with some minnows..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info I use minnows there and they produce pretty good until daylight but 30 mins after day light they turn off but I know there still there so how do you triger and bite when there not hungry?
    James & April Linderman

Southern Pro Pro Staff
    HI-Tek Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a tough bite, how about some ice jigs and waxworms? Maggots? YUM-YUM!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast