Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Electric Knife Question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Knife Question

I know this topic has been mentioned several times on here. I am just looking for some more current information.

Has anyone tried the Rapala knife that comes with the 18 foot cord and attachments for cigarette lighter, car battery, or wall outlet? I am thinking of getting a new knife and while the cordless one with two batteries seems real nice I'm not convinced the batteries would last long enough to make it through 25-30 fish, or it would have the same amount of power as the corded variety. I'm open to other brands of electric knives. I just like the extra long cord, and multiple power options on the Rapala. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Koko

Post Thanks / Like

koko, I have the Berkley elcetric knife commonly sold at wal-mart; three different plug ins and it works great, never had an issue of any kind. Just my 02 worth.

Post Thanks / Like

+1 on the berkley.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jackb have you ever cleaned Smithville fish with it. LoL Dave
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Just Bought The Rapala 110 Volt Not 12 Volt At Bass Pro And I Like It To Skin The Fish But I Still Use My Manual Knife To Filet. I Know , You Can't Teach An Old Dog (69) New Tricks....i Tried To Filet The Fish But I Flat Loose A Lot Of Meat. And Only Keep About 10 Fish A Day So It's No Big Deal. It Sure Does Skin Good No Problem.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an American Angler Fillet Knife from Walmart. The item sold for $20 and they sell the replacement knifes too. There are two types of relacement blades: wide for larger fish and narrow for pan fish. I've been using my same blades for three years.
    Alex (KC Area, Smithville Lake)

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used the Mister Twister knife for years. They have done a great job for me. I was thinking if trying a new knife this year though. Just to change it up.
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got crappie View Post
    Hey Jackb have you ever cleaned Smithville fish with it. LoL Dave
    Dave, you are a riot! No sir I have not cleaned any Smithville fish with my knife. I am a law abiding fisherman and I know you are not supposed to keep 6 in. fish that you could read a newspaper thru. I do have a serious question for you Smithville guys though. EVERY year we hear how the crappie are 9in 91/2 in 93/4 in and what a great year "next year" will be. When does next year get here? I'm sure Smithville has a good population of bigger crappie, but you never see even an average of the size that comes out of Truman; if anything all you see is a stringer of 10in fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the rapala which can be plugged into a acc. outlet,clipped to a battery or plugged into a outlet is great.I fish some strip pits and ponds.I can then clip the terminals to the trolling motor battery for easy filleting on the bank.Do not by the cordless!The batteries run out quick and will not hold a charge after several uses.

Post Thanks / Like

I have twister and rapala......both work great. Both are 110 volt. I would like to have a 12 once in a while.....but not enough to have a 3rd knife laying around.
    Crappie.......its whats for dinner!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast