Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: garmin fishfinder

Post Thanks / Like

Default garmin fishfinder

does anyone have a garmin 300c? what do you think of it?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a 300C, but did have a 250C, and still have a 498C. I'm not impressed with Garmin's as fishfinders. I use my 498C for the GPS, and have a Humminbird 778C for a fishfinder.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the 300C for a couple of months now. Not bad for the money. If you are just looking for depth, temp, and locating brushpiles it's ok. I Haven't been able to locate fish around brush with it yet. That said, if I had it to do over again I would go with Lowrance again.

Post Thanks / Like

the reason i ask is because i'm interested in a color model but trying to keep it under $300. the garmin seemed like a likely candidate but now i'm second guessing myself. do i really need color? the visibility is what attracts me to it not so much the features. if i don't go with color i'll probably get a hummingbird 535 or 565. always liked the hummingbirds i had in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one for about a month and could not locate fish and had other issues. I went to a Eagle 480 and never looked back. It does all I need it to do and the 480x480 makes the bottom, structure stand out. I have a HDS8 on the console and it is great but I think it the color thing is up to the person.

my 2 cents