Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 4 Blade vs 3 Blade

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4 Blade vs 3 Blade

I have a 20 ft shadow Bass Boat with a Evinrude 200 XP with 3 blade 24 pitch prop. The boat is crazy fast but I would rather have a better hole shot with easier steering. My Stratos 201 had a 3 blade and when I switched to a 4 blade it made a big difference in the hole shot and was much easier to handle. They tell me that the new 3 blades work as well as a 4 blade. The one I hear about is the Trophy 3 blade 24p. Anybody been thru this?

Post Thanks / Like

You should check out the mechanics forum. There is a sticky thread dealing with prop selection. Also, it wouldn't hurt to ask Scrapper or IBNFSN
    J

Post Thanks / Like

can't beat a 4 blade for what you want.
    Yodibuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Trophy is a 4 blade prop, the new prop that you are thinking about is the new 3 blade Fury. Most have had good results with the fury, I would suggest heading over to BBC there is a setup forum and a prop forum. Good chance there is someone with the same boat that could help you out on setup.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

All else being equal, the vast majority of four blade props will give you better overall performance over the three blade, Each hull is different, but I would choose a four blade over any three blade.

I run a modified Bravo I in 29 pitch. I lose a couple of MPH on top end, but gain it back in holeshot, mid-range and overall handling, especially in rough water.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."