Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody fishing the western shore?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anybody fishing the western shore?

Is anybody crappie fishing on the western shore , haven't heard much from you guys lately. Hunter , Dre you guys were fishing last year , Dre was catching those nice crappie in DC. give us a report guys. I know MDcrappie is going to give us a dock shooting report from up his way soon. Capt. Mike you gonna mix in some crappie fishing with those cats? You mentioned once that you use minnows do you ever troll with lures? We rarely use minnows over here that much anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of the biggest issues I have had in the fall with crappie are:

Keeping bait alive and being able to use it up before temps fall too low.
    Hard to get customers around holidays
    Lures trolled on telescoping poles never work well
    Bite is so light it is hard to see hit
    The tidal crappie will school up in the center of creeks and one boat motor will scatter them.

But if I used reels on my rods I could slow troll some tubes and grubs and get into them if the WIND WAS NOT ALWAYS BLOWING...

I used the fall crappie fish but not so much any more.

I have 30 days from March 15th to April 15th ISH to enjoy some great crappie fishing..

Capt Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tear-em-up View Post
    I know MDcrappie is going to give us a dock shooting report from up his way soon.
    I did get out last Thursday, but I was in a hurry to get the fish cleaned as I had my evening planned. No pics taken

Water temp was down to 49 in the AM. First cast with the assassin I got a 12" yellow perch so I switched to a curly tail grub and caught 12 crappie over 10". (Lots of smaller ones also) I usually get them on the Assassin this time of year but thursday they wanted the grub, and I only got that 1 keeper perch.

I hope to get out Wednesday if I get everything I need for Thanksgiving Dinner done by tomorrow. If I get out I'll be sure to post pics.

Post Thanks / Like

I 'm hoping to get a new camera and figure out how to post pics. on here.

Post Thanks / Like

I 'm hoping to get a new camera and figure out how to post pics. on here.
    Posting on this site is simple. Once you type your post just click the "Manage Attachments". It's down under the "Submit Reply" button.
    I just use my Cell Phone now as it's got a 2.0 MegaPix camera built in.

Post Thanks / Like

Is anybody crappie fishing on the western shore , haven't heard much from you guys lately. Hunter , Dre you guys were fishing last year , Dre was catching those nice crappie in DC. give us a report guys. I know MDcrappie is going to give us a dock shooting report from up his way soon. Capt. Mike you gonna mix in some crappie fishing with those cats? You mentioned once that you use minnows do you ever troll with lures? We rarely use minnows over here that much anymore.
    It's good to hear from you. The wife was just deployed to the war zone so have been pre-occupied for the past month or so and my fishing was slowed down plenty after the Summer.
    Water temps on this side (I mainly fish Tridelphia and Little Seneca Lakes) was still around 55 degrees so not getting any good grouping action yet. I'll definately be out beginning this weekend slipping minners into brushpiles; I'll stay in contact.
    BTW, the wife left me the checkbook, HMMM I think she wants me to have one of those HB Side Imaging toys. I saw the revised down look screen shot from the HB SI and WOW we should be able to see them winking at us soon.
    Hope you and your East Shore crew good fishing this Fall/Winter.
    :-)
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Good to here from ya , hope your wife makes out ok over there. those side image units look pretty cool. All I have on my crappie fishing boat is a 100$ hummingbird. Has Rocky Gorge come back to life yet? I got some family things and odd jobs I got to do this weekend but I'm going to try to get out for a quicky trip or 2 like I did last Sun.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocky Gorge

I did make it to Rocky Gorge a couple of times and it is up to full pool and was marking quite a few fish. Spoke to a few Bass fishermen and they also was impressed how fast that reservior recovered.
    Be sure to let me if/when you make it over to my end of the world, I'll gladly host you here.
    Crappie Hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Did you get any crappie out of there? When does it close to boats or do they let you go in year round now? I think it used to close sometime in early Dec. would be good if those resevoir's would stay open in the winter . We used to do good right up till they wouldn't let us in there anymore, right in the deep water under the rt.29 bridge and off a rocky point just downstream from the bridge on the left side going downstream. Did best back then with a blk. & chart. tube jig.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rocky Gorge

Caught a couple small ones but no numbers or size. I have to admit though that I've never traveled as far as the 29 bridge, I'll have to do that.
    Crappie Hunter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast