Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Bad vs. Good boat ramps

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad vs. Good boat ramps

Does anybody know the difference between a good boat ramp vs. a bad boat ramp in terms of the risk of getting your truck broken into? I'm heading to the coast with a couple of cdc members ( names kept anonymous) and I'm bringing my boat with us. The captain of the trip(not me) wants to launch off at the resort's fancy marina which charges money to launch a boat. He thinks a place like that wouldnt have problems with Darwin's rejects. I want to launch at the local dnr ramp that takes us closer to the fishn areas. I got a 14ft jon boat with 9.9 hp motor. The reasons why he doesnt want to launch there is because a Darwin reject(s) might break in and take things out of his truck. Parking is another thing which is kinda crude at the dnr ramp but the captain is use to hauling and parking his 20 ft Lake and Bay center console. Does launching anywhere pose a risk for break ins with how the times are these days?
    Last edited by whiskerwhipper; 11-21-2009 at 06:57 AM. Reason: typo
    Oh I could wrestle a monster fish

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I think it depends on the area. Try contacting local fishermen on a board or something to get their opinions. Also, I would imagine that a pay ramp is going to be more secure simply because someone is guaranteed to be around witnessing events.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know about your area but alot of people out at the lakes here have guns on their boats or in their tackles boxes or on their person. i dont think you'd be too wise to try here

Post Thanks / Like

We have a launch on Wheeler that has a bad rep for breakins, (Triana). I prefer to launch where there are plenty of friendly eyes around!