Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for all you guys who troll and spider rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question for all you guys who troll and spider rig.

After a long day of trolling or spider rigging, where do you put your 6, 10, 12 or 14 rods your fishing with? I'm a rookie at trolling and I've got 8 rods but man I'm have trouble finding a place to safely store my rods. I fish in an 1544F&F and you would think I would have enough room but I have yet to find it. Taking all them poles apart is out of the question so let me in on ya'lls secret. Thanks, Ben

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a 16' Carolina skiff with a front desk. While on the water I keep my poles verticle in rod holders but once trailered I place the reel end of the poles under the deck letting the poles lay in the bottom of the boat. Some trouble...but it keeps my poles safe from breakage. BTW, I have a piece of electrical tape around the joints of my poles to keep 'em from callapsing accidently.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

I wrap the weight and hooks down on the handle, break them down, and slide them into protective rod sleeves. It's a pain, but with a dual console, it's the only way I have to transport them safely. Many days I wished I had a single console that I could lay the rods all the way on the back deck.

Gman
    Last edited by Gamblinman; 11-20-2009 at 11:22 PM.
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    I wrap the weight and hooks down on the handle, break them down, and slide them into protective rod sleeves. It's a pain, but with a dual console, it's the only way I have to transport them safely. Many days I wished I had a single console that I could lay the rods all the way on the back deck.

Gman
    What kind of protective rod sleeves are you using? My dad and I currently have to break down our rods every time we go and I've been looking for something like a rod sleeve to help keep them protected. Also, to keep them from getting so tangled up during transit. There's just not a lot of room in a Ranger to lay down 10-11 foot long rods.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

you could use thin wall pvc pipe for sleeves.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Driftmaster Tip Savers

Last edited by CrappiePappy; 11-21-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: correction of link address

Post Thanks / Like

Break 'em down, store in rod/gun box

Post Thanks / Like

get the driftmaster tip savers. works well on and off the water

Post Thanks / Like

i agree use the tip savers
    The fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AgriHawg View Post
    What kind of protective rod sleeves are you using? My dad and I currently have to break down our rods every time we go and I've been looking for something like a rod sleeve to help keep them protected. Also, to keep them from getting so tangled up during transit. There's just not a lot of room in a Ranger to lay down 10-11 foot long rods.

Falcon Rods - Online Store
    We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast